I hate SawStop.

I wish they had never invented that, or else I wish everyone had quietly just bought one of the damn things. Every other month we have 40,000 posts in the neverending debate.

I'm not going to change the world. I realize this post will just create yet another thread for people to use to argue both sides of this, and all I am doing is pouring gasoline on the fire. I just feel like bitching about it. So there. I bitched about it, and I feel better. Whee.

Reply to
Silvan

Just apply a filter in your newsreader/email program to filter any post with "SawStop" and your wish will come true :)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

60 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps

- Ryobi Right Angle Drill

- Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer

- Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw

- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction

- Milescraft SignCrafter

Woodcrafter

But he didn't mean it :-)

Reply to
GregP

Well, now that the election is over and this newsgroup is firmly "on topic" this is what we get. Whee indeed. Gotta love it!

BTW, I agree with you... I am sick of the sawstop debate.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Yeah, I mean, can't we talk about how much poly sucks, or pine sucks, or how walnut is the most fantastic wood in the entire world and everything else is a distant third place, and anybody who likes the color orange better than the color red is an idiot?

Reply to
Silvan

How should you stain cherry?

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

But it *is* on topic!

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Well.

Reply to
CW

Very good ! Next question: what do you think of Craftsman tools ?

Reply to
GregP

good on you, Silvan...

it's almost as bad as that lugnut that keeps asking about being a liberal..

Reply to
mac davis

36 replies to one of the sawslower thread.... I guess there's an ass for every chair, eh?
Reply to
mac davis

I like to stain cherry Light Natural. :)

Though, actually, now that you mention it, I'm contemplating staining walnut walnut. I'm going to see how orange shellac does, and maybe try some garnet too. I hope I don't have to go there, but it sure would be convenient to use the walnut that's available locally, and its color sure isn't very walnutty.

I realized that when I made up some little retrofit pieces to replace the friction pegs on Dad's dulcimer with some nice geared ones off a dead

12-string guitar. The wood color doesn't even remotely match up. This stuff is way too light. That seems pretty consistent board to board too. Must be the way they KD it.
Reply to
Silvan

True. It's just a horse that died two years ago.

Reply to
Silvan

Coffee. That way the spills don't show.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Silvan responds:

Three. Get a bigger whip, then.

Charlie Self "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Charlie Self

Reply to
D. Mo

Don't forget the two coats of primer, tinted to match the topcoat. :-) Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Which tablesaw should I buy?

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Exactly. Isn't it so much nicer now?

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

: >I'm not going to change the world. I realize this post will just create yet : >another thread for people to use to argue both sides of this, and all I am : >doing is pouring gasoline on the fire. I just feel like bitching about it. : >So there. I bitched about it, and I feel better. Whee. : : 36 replies to one of the sawslower thread.... : I guess there's an ass for every chair, eh?

I guess this means y'all are tired of the Britney Spears naked pictures, huh?

Reply to
Alias: Smith or Jones