I hate SawStop.

Page 1 of 2
I wish they had never invented that, or else I wish everyone had quietly just bought one of the damn things. Every other month we have 40,000 posts in the neverending debate.
I'm not going to change the world. I realize this post will just create yet another thread for people to use to argue both sides of this, and all I am doing is pouring gasoline on the fire. I just feel like bitching about it. So there. I bitched about it, and I feel better. Whee.
Just apply a filter in your newsreader/email program to filter any post with "SawStop" and your wish will come true :) -- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 60 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Ryobi Right Angle Drill - Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer - Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw - Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction - Milescraft SignCrafter ------------------------------------------------------------

But he didn't mean it :-)

Well, now that the election is over and this newsgroup is firmly "on topic" this is what we get. Whee indeed. Gotta love it!
BTW, I agree with you... I am sick of the sawstop debate.
Frank
Frank Ketchum wrote:

Yeah, I mean, can't we talk about how much poly sucks, or pine sucks, or how walnut is the most fantastic wood in the entire world and everything else is a distant third place, and anybody who likes the color orange better than the color red is an idiot?
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:47:19 -0500, Silvan

How should you stain cherry?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Well.

Very good ! Next question: what do you think of Craftsman tools ?

New or Vintage?

I dunno. Which is better ?
CW wrote:

Joe
LRod wrote:

I like to stain cherry Light Natural. :)
Though, actually, now that you mention it, I'm contemplating staining walnut walnut. I'm going to see how orange shellac does, and maybe try some garnet too. I hope I don't have to go there, but it sure would be convenient to use the walnut that's available locally, and its color sure isn't very walnutty.
I realized that when I made up some little retrofit pieces to replace the friction pegs on Dad's dulcimer with some nice geared ones off a dead 12-string guitar. The wood color doesn't even remotely match up. This stuff is way too light. That seems pretty consistent board to board too. Must be the way they KD it.
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 04:56:58 -0500, Silvan

Interesting that you should mention that.. i've been turning a lot of walnut firewood lately... seems like it doesn't LOOK like walnut until you change it's color with walnut stain... hmm...
LRod wrote:

Coffee. That way the spills don't show.

--
--John
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:57:19 -0500, "J. Clarke"

nah... that's way too logical and practical.. *lol*
tip: wear a maroon shirt when going out for chile or pasta..

Which tablesaw should I buy?
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:15:47 GMT, "Frank Ketchum"

What finish should I use on a butcher block?
Frank Ketchum wrote:

Right or left tilt?
-- Mark

Does this mean I have to stop staining cherry?
:-)
Joe aka 10x

Why stain what you can just paint :-)