I hate it when this happens

Page 2 of 3
Yes... but at least I can say that I found one that day. I have spent hours hunting these damn orange sticks of wood called pencils
Larry Jaques wrote:

My local hardware store has utility knives with their name imprinted for sale next to the checkouts. They come in 3 colors, bright green, orange, and black. I now have a complete set since I have bought one whenever I couldn't find one at home/in the toolbox/wherever. I currently know the location of 2 of these (green and black) but I have seen the orange one within the last couple of months so I know it still exists . . . somewhere.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Hey! Dont't worry about it. It will probably show up in my shop any day now. I'm constantly finding things in this mess I didn't know I had.

Keep an eye out for my 6'x1x5 sassafras board too! Never had a chance to try it out, even.
james snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com
brocpuffs wrote:

Hey Jim, I've got that one, thanks. Smells great. I've been turning little, tiny bats out of the off cuts. Beats everything else in the sox drawer.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

How do you do the wings ? 8-)
Andy Dingley wrote:

WAAAAY off-center.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

try the kitchen or garage... your wife is probably holding something open with it, or using it for a planting shelf..
foggytown wrote:

Nooooo problemo. Mill another one and the original will show up.     xorp,     j4 (aka BTDT boy)

I can't go into details, but incidents such as this at my house are easily explained by the presence of spouse and offspring.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Ehhh...I'm not convinced. My dad always used to blame me for losing his tools. These days, the second and third place I look for my missing tools are his garage, and his barn, and I usually find my tool that I'm looking for, and at least one other that I didn't know he had that's mine. There's a pattern here, and it's not "Dave losing his dad's tools".
Dave Hinz

my house was tilted downhill to my son's room until he moved out, when it all of a sudden it leveled out and i could find things again.
Dave Hinz wrote:

Me too! Moreover, every year I buy him new tools, and every year I find more of my tools at his house, with no trace of the ones I just bought him. Tool organizers and other gadgets wind up empty, with not a tool in sight. But I still get blamed for how I used to lose all his screwdrivers when I was a kid.
(Well, I do lose all my screwdrivers as an adult. But I learned it honest!)

tools
looking
him.
honest!)
I must own at LEAST 8 of those 4 way screwdrivers, enough for every room, vehicle, and toolbox I have. Can I ever find one when I need it?
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

I've been buying tape measures for years... any size or brand, as long as they're on sale.. my theory is that some day I'll have so damn many that I'll always be able to find one when I need it..

Yes, but they won't match each other...
Patriarch, who's found another tool to blame.
I made two solid wood doors for a project I am making, and one of them has just vanished completely. It HAS to be in my garage/shop somewhere, but I have turned it inside out three times and can only find one of them.
Wayne

"NoOne N Particular" wrote in message

Alien research activities?
My 'Building Construction Illustrated' went missing last week I checked every bookshelf in the house, under the bed, bathrooms, truck, truck bed, behind/under truck seats, made three trips to the shop, went through all the cabinets and shelves there, did it again, did it once more ... and finally borrowed my architect's copy.
Walked in the shop Monday morning and there it was sitting on a cabinet shelf in plain sight. If you've ever seen this book, there is NO way to miss it on a bookshelf!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
foggytown wrote:

It's right with all my Phillips screwdrivers and my bullseye level.
You mean it is not just me? Have that happen once or twice a year- I always find the board, later, when I've made (or bought) a new one to replace it.
-Dan V.