I got my learningn set...

...of chisels, to all that gave me advice in this NG which I really appreciate and thank all for. They 'must be' an older make of Leichtung workshops cheapos like these:

of chrome vanadium, the ones I got have Gilt Edge blades like these current Sorby's:
and Stanley 750's and 720's. These blades are made in Japan and are cut super precisley with no second cutting bevel, new but someone tried to do a minor amount of lapping on one of them. Any opinions on the cr-va as chisel steel? There is no telling of rc-hardness, but they are beautiful blades!

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK