I finally have a gloat!!!

Page 2 of 2
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Yeah ... but if most would just finish a thought before they opened their mouths to express it.
I love Jack Nicholson's line in "As Good As It Gets", when asked by the woman interviewer how he developed his female characters:
"I think of a man, then remove all reason and accountability".
<g, d & r>
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Imagine the surprise of looking at the display unit marked "Made in Germany", getting home and seeing "Made in China", on the one you bought.

Can you say "bait and switch"?
Indeed a good gloat, I remember when I was in need of a hand held planer. I went shopping one night, and after going to the HD, Sears, and Lowe's I was not ready to part with $100 for me to use it for 10 minutes. But while looking in the aisle's at Lowe's I stumbled upon the very out of sight clearance section and low and behold they had a few B&D's on clearance for $19. I don't use it that much but it does a fine job when I do.
Allen

Gloat? How about acts of kindness and appreciation rewarded?
Update - Re: Removing fire smoke smell .... from furniture.
In appreciation for the lady allowing (our upholstery class) me the opportunity to salvage antique furniture from her burned warehouse, I elected to restore (woodwork) and reupholster a bergere chair she had at school. Our teacher told her what I was doing. The lady called me and told me she would allow me into her other warehouse and select whatever else I may want. She mentioned that she had 2 Hepplewhite dining sets and that I should consider getting one of them. She gave me the impression I would not be limited to selecting just one item. The bergere chair is beginning to look sharp, again.
She visited us, at school, yesterday (Friday) and asked if I would reupholster her car.... she, insisting on being a regular paying customer. Note: We are not allowed monetary pay for school related projects (assignments), however we are able, if advanced enough, to accept outside jobs. Many people get to know our personal work, during school, before we become certified, and trust, us, in our growing ability for private work. I had restored/reupholstered a bergere chair and matching stool, of my own, last semester, and she knew my work with that.
I seem to have scored thrice: It pays to show kindness and appreciation to someone (large returns when least expected), I think I have an excellent reference for future upholstery work, and I have some really nice gifts (of salvaged antique furniture, plus more that has been offered).
Sonny