I felt sorry for him until...

Page 2 of 2
I heard it once a semester at college. Played it during white Glove on the campus Radio station
--
Young Carpenter

(snip)

If you wilfully listen to a country radio station, you get what you deserve.
:)
Mekon
Mekon wrote:

Agreed. Unfortunately, 98% of radio stations play country now. Gotta love this "new country" where they play rap beats on acoustic drums and say "yeehaw" a lot.
That's why I listen to NPR, preferably stations of the all-news variety.
vmtw wrote:
snip

Shallow end of the gene pool. Darwin normally culls them before they reproduce but some get through now and then. On the other hand, I'm sure the Wright brothers were looked on with concern.

I know how to fix that. I had a job applicant yesterday. Under special skills part of the application he wrote that he did Genetorial work. Ed
He must have gone to a Texas public school. A while back while attending a parent-teacher meeting I observed many equivalent examples in history papers posted on a classroom bulletin board. I asked the history teacher about it and his response was "...this ain't an English class."
Of course when not "teaching" history he coached football, but we all know that in Texas football is the reason high schools exist.
Phil
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I had a college electronics instructor that would grade you not only on content of your reports but also your spelling. He said (and I agree with him) that accurate communication is important.

CW wrote:

I'd agree with him. I've been on Ph.D. committees and seen dissertations submitted that were as bad as some of these examples. None have my signature on them though.
Phil

o cmon u cnta be seerius. I mane wat u sya is importnt nota how u say ti
--
Young Carpenter

: vmtw wrote: : : snip : : > Why do people take chances like this? : > : > Scott : : Shallow end of the gene pool. Darwin normally : culls them before they reproduce but some get : through now and then. On the other hand, I'm : sure the Wright brothers were looked on with : concern.
Watch what you say about my great uncles.
No more so than all the ones who had flown before them. Of course, the general population thought all these guys were crazy.

At least they did something useful for humanity. I can hardly think of a 7 1/4" blade on a grinder a scientific experiment (outside of genetics).
--
Young Carpenter

I look at my grinder... I look at where the switch is on the grinder, and where my hand is when I am ready to activate the switch... I imagine a 7.25" blade on the grinder...
djb
--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Roy Smith presents:

And he probably had trouble telling them apart.
LMAO!
Charlie Self
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson