I felt sorry for him until...

Ouch. Those'd hurt. When I replied earlier, I had in mind some thin abrasive discs that are used at my employer on a Dremel. The do a great job cutting sheet metal, but are as brittle as all get out. They break with just a hard stare. Them little saw blades you point out would do some wicked damage to flesh and not break.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

I haven't gotten around to mixing the too. The neighbors might not appreciate the added noise

Reply to
Young Carpenter

o cmon u cnta be seerius. I mane wat u sya is importnt nota how u say ti

Reply to
Young Carpenter

At least they did something useful for humanity. I can hardly think of a 7

1/4" blade on a grinder a scientific experiment (outside of genetics).
Reply to
Young Carpenter

I look at my grinder... I look at where the switch is on the grinder, and where my hand is when I am ready to activate the switch... I imagine a 7.25" blade on the grinder...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

If you're going to use "tiny sawblades" hand-held, then look at a Fein Multimaster. It oscillates, rather than rotating. Cuts hard things beautifully (they're used to take plaster casts off in hospitals) but the worst you get from skin contact is a line of pinpricks.

I'm trying to production-engineer these right now:

the narrow stopped groove for the copper is a nightmare. Only way I've found to cut them in reasonable time is a slitting saw in the milling machine, and a custom-made fence to run the stock along. It's an ugly lash-up and it's putting my fingers far too close to a whirling sawblade, even with a pushblock 8-(

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"Young Carpenter" wrote in news:3f68c602 snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsgroups.com:

That was Bill Engvall (his goofy sidekick from the TV show). He came out with a CD a couple of years ago called "Here's Your Sign". My wife played that thing till it practically wore out. While it was popular, you couldn't listen to a country station here in Phoenix for more than about 10 minutes without hearing it.

Reply to
Jerry Maple

have whole box of them. My Bro. in law got them as "rejects".

Reply to
Young Carpenter

I heard it once a semester at college. Played it during white Glove on the campus Radio station

Reply to
Young Carpenter

Yup. Nasty scar running across four fingers attests to that.

I now use them _rarely_, and with serious consideration aforehand.

Still, there are a very few jobs where nothing else will do.

Otherwise I use the cut-off wheels, sanding drums, and plethora of other decidedly more safe Dremel attachments.

There are two main varieties of cut-off wheels for Dremels, the 'plain' type and the reinforced type. The differences are readily seen; the reinforcing fabric in the latter is quite obvious. The 'plain' wheels shatter in a New York Second, but the reinforced variety are pretty tough customers. I use 'em to slice up stainless sheet and tube when building control fittings for the models. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

(snip)

(snip)

If you wilfully listen to a country radio station, you get what you deserve.

:)

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

My surgical colleagues use some nice oscillating saws to cut bone. Low risk of damage to soft tissues, plenty of control. Nice example at:

non-squeamish woodworker would enjoy the use of saw and jigs in total knee replacement.

Reply to
Don Mackie

Agreed. Unfortunately, 98% of radio stations play country now. Gotta love this "new country" where they play rap beats on acoustic drums and say "yeehaw" a lot.

That's why I listen to NPR, preferably stations of the all-news variety.

Reply to
Silvan