I don't get it, why is metric better?

As long as no 2 apples are EXACTLY the same weight he has no problem other than time and mathematical ability. Likely work out even if only half the apples were "irregular"

Reply to
clare

You can have our "stretch of dry". Even the humidity has not been bad for the last few days - week.

Reply to
clare

The difference is portability. The only reason coal will be more expensive is purely political.

Big difference.

Reply to
krw

and 4.36mm is 11/64", and 4.7625 is 3/16"

Odd fractional metric measurements in design are almost always metric conversions from imperial designs

Reply to
clare

Now you want butcher moles? What did they do to you? Eat your apples?

Reply to
krw

And, in my experience, vice versa! Graham

Reply to
graham

Define successful!!!!!! Graham

Reply to
graham

snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How do you figure? With coal, you have to build a railroad to the powerplant, run trains to it, build a rotary dumper to unload the trains, have conveyors to move the coal, have a crusher to pulverize the coal - all that before you even start to burn it. With gas, build a pipeline and light a match.

Then, with gas once it's burned you're done. With coal you end up with ash, which has to be collected and loaded into trucks (or another train) and hauled off to be disposed of. And pulverized coal is abrasive, so every so often you have to replace the boiler tubes.

It's quite a lot more expensive to burn coal. Coal has to sell at a substantial discount to gas to be the preferred fuel. And that's exclusive of any regulatory burden.

(I also kind of think you can't run a combined cycle plant on coal, which is currently the most efficient design. If so, that's another reason coal is more expensive. Perhaps dpb can comment on that).

John

Reply to
John McCoy

gray_wolf wrote in news:f59qz.6261$ snipped-for-privacy@fx29.iad:

More likely the perpetual switching of bases.

Let's see - there's 4 of those go into that, but 16 of these make up one of the other thing. This counts by 10s, this other by 12s...and here's one that goes by 14s and 20s...

John

Reply to
John McCoy

We've gotten pretty fast and loose with the idea of what a robot is. I always thought a robot required artificial intelligence, not just mechanical linkage however complex it might be.

Reply to
Just Wondering

dpb wrote in news:noavdn$n5v$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

There are taste differences, but I think real sugar coke vs HFCS coke wasn't that great. The glass bottle coke vs plastic might taste different because of the way the container hits your mouth.

Now, Mountain Dew vs Mountain Dew Throwback (real sugar), there's a definite taste difference. The Throwback has a lighter feel and a different finish.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On 08/08/2016 8:38 PM, graham wrote: ...

Well, "the sun never set" on the one that comes to mind firstest... :)

Reply to
dpb

notbob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

If you should find a mole in your apple, it's probably just best to give the apple to the mole!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Exactly any why caned sodas never tasted as good a glass bottled IMHO.

Reply to
Leon

LOL WOW! I'm surprised that there was room on the drawing for the measurement. l;~)

Reply to
Leon

Why are you using Windows Calculator? NARS2000 is free.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Actually no you do not have to ship it (coal) one of the newest plants in Illinois is built on a coal mine. It was built by the co ops.

Reply to
Markem

Probably one or two under the ground eating the worms as the apples rot.

Reply to
Markem

nothing illegal about it.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

And even then, steam locos had been oil-fueled since the 1920s.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal