I cannot believe how much wood costs

Our Govies recently bought 200 freight cars of plywood, not OSB, to ship to Iraq I hear. That's over 500,000 sheets of 3/4 plywood. 1 million sheets of 3/8". Don't look for plywood prices to drop soon.

I don't know how much OSB their shipping over there.

Phil

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Reply to
Phil

Renata:

So it's not a conspiracy?

Steve

Reply to
spud

SHHHHH! S/he believes what they have to make up to fill airtime on news broadcasts.

I find it especially funny when they give "explanations" for daily market fluctuations like "the market retreated today on investor fears that the good news in consumer goods sales might spur inflation." Or "the market advanced on good news that consumer sales were up for July."

Reply to
George

Oh no, you boys both missed the point (at least one point).

I found what the "liberal media" reported outrageously funny. Also amusing (or is it sad) was the fact that they could say it with a straight face and that some folks actually believe it.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Uh, Larry, the news was the same, only the reaction differed.

And, for the record, money managers outnumber "the rich" in the stock market.

Reply to
George