I can't find it! a random lament

I usually quit looking after I find it at the last place I look. I mean, why keep looking after you have found it?

Reply to
user

"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

You probably ought to write those numbers down somewhere where you won't forget them. I'll tell you what... You post your home address and safe combination to the wRECk, and you'll always be able to find them and make sure it's yours (that's where your home address comes in.) ;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

" snipped-for-privacy@aolnojunk.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

*snip*

We have a saying around here: "You always find it after you buy (or make) a new one."

If you're building, you usually find what you're looking for when the project's 90% complete. Happened the other day with a bench hook...

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Sounds like an infection by the C-Nile virus ;-)

Reply to
Dave Gordon

week for the last 11

combination, but it took

numbers came back to

A post-it stuck on the door should help. Oh!

Reply to
Dave Gordon

You know you really have a problem when the focus of the intense concentration was tying your shoe lace!

FobbyTown Most of my projects' best features started out as mistakes!

Reply to
FoggyTown

LOL!

A. The safe is at the office. B. There is nothing in it except our weekly computer back-up cd's and a few bucks petty cash. C. There are 2 other guys I could have asked for the combination had my pride allowed it. :-)

Reply to
Charlie M. 1958

I recall looking for something and finding my can of turpentine. I remember thinking, "I wonder if turp would be an acceptable substitute" for whatever it was that I was looking. I remember thinking, 'Nah, I better find the right stuff". And eventually did.

Now, I'm looking for the turp, can't find it, can't recall what I was doing in the above scenario to know where to look for it (besides my whole house that I've gone over twice).

I'm sure it will pop up - after I've bought another can.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

I never have trouble finding anything ... when I finally get around to looking in the place I last left it, that is.

Reply to
Swingman

FoggyTown wrote in news:1187783869.671152.106480 @x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

So you can stop

We have a well known sportscaster/social commentator here, who claims that his measure of 'having arrived in life' is not having to tie his shoelaces...

Patriarch, barefoot and in shorts...

Reply to
Patriarch

Wed, Aug 22, 2007, 4:57am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (FoggyTown) doth sayeth: You know you really have a problem when the focus of the intense concentration was tying your shoe lace!

Nah, got it covered. I tie my shoelaces, put my shoes on, don't need to tie the laces again until they bet untied again, which could be weeks later.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

Wed, Aug 22, 2007, 10:19am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net (Patriarch) doth sayeth: We have a well known sportscaster/social commentator here, who claims that his measure of 'having arrived in life' is not having to tie his shoelaces...

Too senile to tie 'em on his own?

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:22422-46CC6915-25@storefull-

3337.bay.webtv.net:

Too involved in the rest of life to give a darn. Whether they were tied, or whether anyone else cared.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I have a variant of this. Whenever I tidy up (get someone old to explain what this means ;-)) and throw stuff out (again...), I always, always, need something I have thrown out, usually within a week. Often its wood scraps, sometimes its a 10-year-old tin of paint with an inch in the bottom, or some useful metal bracket thats been sitting around gathering dust for 15 years. Within a week of throwing it, I will realise it was perfect for the project I am doing.

C-Nile virus again maybe.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

He has people to tie them. His people have people.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

I know where your can of turp is! And why is it sitting on the tank of our toilet in the half bath? It's been there for about 2 years. Maybe I'll just ask the wife.

Reply to
user

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

I have long list of items that I've put in safe places, places where I absolutely CANNOT forget where they are. They surely are safe, as they'll never get found and used again.

Reply to
Charlie Self

"Dave Gordon" wrote in news:46cd4e82$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

*disgusted tone* Oh no! SOMEBODY CLEANED!

It's not that I don't like clean surfaces and all, it's just I like finding things more. Clutter = busy = happy. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

If you 'd be so kind as to share the location as soon as she tells you, I'd surely appreciate it.

;-)

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Location of what? The turp? It's on the toilet tank in the half bath. But why? Why is the turp sitting on the toilet tank? *that* is *your* turp, isn't it?

:)

Reply to
user