I am getting sick and tired of Canadian Tire 'Specials'

Page 1 of 2
Those people at Canadian Tire did it again.
They promoted a Litium-Ion driver/drill/nailer for a very cheap prices for either one of the units.
Of course, the sunsabitches NEVER have any more than a couple. So, UNLESS you are THERE at 2mins after opening time, you don't EVER get shit.
This is bordering on the edge of fraudulent, false advertising. We have LAWS here that forbid that 'loss-leader' kinda behaviour.
I am of a good mind to sue these bastards this time. This is sickening.
I f *I* am supposed to accept this as a 'normal' way of the big boxes doing business, than whoever supports this way of thinking is a bigger asshole than Canadian Tire.
I am done with those cheating bastards. They will NEVER get another penny from me.
r------> who thinks it is time we rose up as a nation of Canadians andboycotted those crooks.
Add pictures here
✖
"Robatoy" wrote

<snip the rant>
You are more creative than that.
An assistant with video camera, a date/time display in the lower right corner, and a copy of the ad.
Video the interview, post results on U-tube.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
Robatoy wrote:

    thanks to Steve M.     jo4hn
Add pictures here
✖

Damn that's a good price. Only available "in Store" I see, guess I'm screwed. The Impact Driver is available Online though.
The router bits are on sale again too:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id 08474396672936&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id„5524442510763&bmUID89390527427&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true
This is the same price I paid a few years ago.
Add pictures here
✖
<rant snippage>
Did you get a rain cheque?
Thanks,
David.
Add pictures here
✖

I sometimes get rain cheques when they're out of something on sale. It might takes awhile, but I've usually waited them out. Since rain cheques are usually only good for 30 days at a time, you have to remember to go in near the end of the 30 days and get another one. Fortunately, there's a Cantire 1+1/2 blocks from where I live so I can easily go in and renew it. Last 'episode' took me three months, but I finally got my rolling, adjustable height parts table for the $35 it was originally advertised for. It really is a game with them, but if you're determined enough you can usually benefit in the end. It's just a matter of how much time do you want to invest in the deal?
Add pictures here
✖
I have a pile of rain checks that never arrived.
wrote in message

Add pictures here
✖

Just one look at the 'Customer Service' counter line-up and that took away any and all desire to waste that kind of time. My beef is their way of thinking. As a very experienced and computerized retailer, they have some idea about how many they'll need. If they had sufficient stock, they may be left with a few which would sell in the days to follow. But that is not what they do. They'll stock the absolute minimum to satify their legal obligations. (Combines Investigation Act/Loss leaders.)
It's just plain crooked.
Add pictures here
✖

I don't shop there enough have a 'pile' of rainchecks. The two times a year that I do get a rain check, if that item is not in at the local store within a month, I'll call around to a few other nearby stores to see if they have one in stock.
In the last ten years, I've gotten rainchecks less than a dozen times and only once have they pulled the forever out of stock scenario on me. I might go to Cantire a couple of times a month out of a quick need for some commodity, but it's rare for me to go for the purpose of buying one of their flyer specials. I never was a big fan and am even less so now that they've turned into a department store.
Add pictures here
✖
[snip]

LOL... the Voortman cookie display was a dead give-away, eh?
Add pictures here
✖
Wonder when they will start carrying produce?
Add pictures here
✖

There are quite a few vegetables on the floor already! *Barumpbumpcrash*
Add pictures here
✖

Ever been to Princess Auto?
Add pictures here
✖

Not the best quality but excellent for the price. Jesse
Add pictures here
✖

Princess Auto ROCKS.
http://improve-usenet.org /
✖

So, *that's* why the place had rocks all over the floor. Must have been because people throwing them at the store selling cheap products.
Seriously, maybe you guys like the place because anybody who does woodorking is usually into tools, but for the most part, they're cheap as in low quality. And to Jesse who likes the place because they have a guarantee and returns policy, you can say exactly the same thing about Crappy Tire.
Hell, I like wandering around junkyards too.
Add pictures here
✖

Their stock isn't all low quality, and for the cheap shit, sometimes that's all I want. I don't need a $200 angle grinder, or $300 sawzall. PA's $30 - $50 "crap" suit me fine for tools I may only use once or twice a year.
http://improve-usenet.org /
✖
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message news:

I'll accede to using a tool as a throw away device, but they generally don't agree very well with my abstract personality. In the past, I've bought the occasional junk tool, used it once and tossed it in a drawer. It's sat there for months and months and eventually, I'll toss it out. Within a week I need one again. That drives me right up a tree. Just to eliminate that irritation, I'm usually happy to spend the money on the better quality tool, toss it a drawer to keep forever and not have to go through the irritation ever again.
Like I said, it's a personality thing. :)
Add pictures here
✖

CdnTire due to their "don't care" attitude but if it works for others then I don't mind. I also shop at Lee Valley, I buy items to suit a specific need and Princess Auto suits me for a lot of situations. Jesse
Add pictures here
✖

The only reason I buy Crappy Tire is for convenience. Princess Auto is not near me and would take three hours out of my day just for me to go there, buy something and come home. A Crappy Tire is one block from where I live. My time is worth more to me than the small amount of money I might save going somewhere else. When you get down to it, time is usually the deciding criteria for most people.
Add pictures here
✖