i am dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Page 2 of 3
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:32:21 -0400, Michael Press

So would I, but our customers have different experiences. <G>
Empty hitch racks also get stolen at malls quite often. Lazy people never take them off, and are too cheap to spend $15 for a locking hitch pin, so they lose a $200 rack! 8^(
Barry

A good idea. Another option is to move the garbage can or the like in front of the garage, so you are forced to get out of the car.

brian roth wrote:

How about just getting the smallest, lightest aftermarket garage door control you can (I believe I've seen some that work as key fobs), keep it in the car instead of the regular control, and when you're going for a bike ride put it in the bag on the bike? That way you have to take the bike down before you can open the garage door.

--
--John

BAD wrote:> I once came home from a bike ride, with

Although I didn't do this, lessee if it can be topped. My wife loaded the bike onto the car while it was IN the carport, then proceeded to back out, destroying the old Raleigh Professional. Luckily, the insurer made good, allowing me a brand-new LeMond Zurich that I don't ride enough. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

damn, its hard to tell the real BAD and i think ive got him blocked... which is the real BAD? is this guy the real one?
randy
.>damn, its hard to tell the real BAD and i think ive got him blocked...

Look at the headers, if you've got 'em enabled. Anything from " snipped-for-privacy@dizum.com" will most likely be the troll. Ain't (s)he somethin'? Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
could be.
dave
xrongor wrote: snip

It's him for sure.......he's even on topic...... Sorry but I could not resist, Dave...... No offense, I know you have to put up with a lot of crap & this sure does not help. In some newsgoups in the UK we used to have a lot of problems with people using our identities so we used to have a certain thing we added to our genuine posts so people (regulars at least) knew it was really us.
for instance after you sign dave you could drop down a few lines & leave a ~ like so:
dave
~
--
Jon Down
why wouldn't the troll just copy that little "trick"? I know he is DUMB, but I bet he can manage to copy anything I use EXCEPT for my superior witty comments!! :) He has expanded his list of victims lately. He lied to the group (today, I think) that I had changed my screen name. I haven't.
PWɮTLMAN 4 wrote:

Of course you would not advertise the fact of your identifying mark... other than to those people that you want to know (let them know one by one off group), combined with ignoring the troll (which of course you would have to work at) & not rising to take the bait (again this needs to be a group effort too), it takes a while but if the regulars all work together over a period of time the troll does not get the satisfaction he desires & moves on.
We had major troll problems like that at uk.local.southwest where several people were victimised, some newcomers wondered why nobody replied to the trolls in our own defence but after a while the trolls gave up faded away & crawled back under their slimey rocks.

He can target whoever he wants but if the group as a whole stick to their guns you can beat this guy (these guys).....there is enough in fighting & back biting among the regulars without providing fodder for the loonies as well. <g>

Who cares? we don't right?
;~}
--
Jon Down

? What part of "bike ride" am I misunderstanding here ?
I had a roof rack for bikes on for my car and drove to a trail for a bike ride. Then I came home with the bike on the roof rack. pulled into the garage...well into the bottom edge of the open garage door (tilting wooden door).
dave
Andy Dingley wrote:

I might as well come clean, too. Our previous vehicle was a Chevy Blazer and the rear glass window hinged at the top. I had it open while in the garage. I ended up trying to back out with it up, which doesn't work so good when the window catches on the garage door. Didn't shatter the glass, but bent the brackets enough to have to take it to the body shop. I've solved this problem in the future by having my woodworking stuff all over the garage so that you can't pull any cars in if you wanted to.
todd

:) I too, haven't had another crunched bike since I took up woodworking!
dave
todd wrote:
I've

I'll assume this was meant in half-jest, but just in case, if he lives in a metropolitain area like I do, it might be the part where you take your bike to someplace a little more scenic/safer to ride.
todd

So far, I haven't done that, but my driveway is circular, meaning I have to turn 90 degrees to get into the garage. One of my fears is cutting that corner wrong either going in or out and taking out a corner of the garage. Heaven help me when the boy starts driving in 8 years.
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 05:04:08 GMT, Mark & Juanita
|wrote: | |>i backed out of my garage today, with the driver door open. folded it right |>up against my fender. luckily no damage to the garage. its not the end of |>the world, ill get a door at the junkyard tomorrow and im sure it will be |>fixed by tuesday, but boy do i feel stupid.|> |>thought i'd pass this along so hopefully someone else wont do it..|> |>randy |> | |So far, I haven't done that, but my driveway is circular, meaning I have to |turn 90 degrees to get into the garage. One of my fears is cutting that |corner wrong either going in or out and taking out a corner of the garage. |Heaven help me when the boy starts driving in 8 years.
My beautiful 1999 Camaro SS was fewer than 24 hours old when I stopped at the neighbor's house to show it off.
We are both on a private dirt road and there is a Saguaro cactus in the split in their vee shaped driveway. As I backed out I even said to her, "Let's see if I can get out of here without hitting the Saguaro."
I hit the Saguaro. Oil canned the rear fender. Dent Busters is absolutely fabulous.
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 05:04:08 GMT, Mark & Juanita

My oldest just started learning to drive. I have opened a revolving charge account at the local body shop. He already dented a fender turning into the garage - just forgot to straighten the wheels when the car had turned far enough. I guess he figured that if *he* could see it was far enough the *car* could see it.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com