HVLP users. please advise.

I have a Fuji HVLP system but I really don't like the gun that came with it. I want to get a gravity feed gun but they all see to be more money than what the system cost. Porter Cable has a GF gun that I think as a little regulator on it. Can that be used on a HVLP system with the gun regulator removed? Does the regulator act as a converter so you can use a HVLP gun on a air compressor? Mike

Reply to
mikey

Yes, the regulator is what makes the gun useable on a high pressure compressor. I don't think the HVLP compressor would make enough pressure, although unless you say how much it puts out, we don't know.

Seems to me, to get decent atomization, I usually run my PC at around 15 -25 PSI. It will spray at 8 PSI, but the results are not all that good. I like my PC gravity feed. Do you have access to a regular compressor? A small oil-less compressor will keep up for a short time, about 3 or 4 minutes. A regular old 20 gal tank belt driven compressor will go for a good while, and if you put the two together, you can paint all day.

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

Hi Mikey,

You can only use a 'Turbine' HVLP spray gun with a turbine such as the Fuji.

Gravity feed does not work that great with a turbine system because there is not enough pressure to create a syphon action. It is only the weight of the paint pushing it through gun. That's why pressure feed is best for turbines. The pressure pushes the paint.

I heard that Accuspray have introduced a turbine gravity feed spray gun but also heard that it's very expensive.

Paul

Reply to
paul