HVLP Users

Let me start by saying I searched through this group and through google and was unable to find the information I am about to ask.

I am purchasing my first HVLP soon. I'm currently trying to find a "system" of finishing products to spray.

I'm leaning toward lacquer based products at the moment, and I'm seeking a company that produces the dyes to tint the lacquer, glazing products to use between coats, etc.

I'm planning on finishing some cherry furniture in the very near future. It has very little sapwood in it, but I'd like some type of dye or glaze or whatever to even out the different tones and colors of the wood.

I would appreciate hearing what others are using in similar circumstances and where the products were purchased. I visited 3 stores in my area, and none had spraying lacquer or dyes or glazes or tints.

What types of products are you spraying? Lacquer? Poly? Shellac? Varnish?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rick

Reply to
tailslid1

Try this sight and look for his take on the sprayers. I remember a link to a company that sells the finishes.

sight all the way through.

Reply to
Nut Tree

Try