HVLP spraying of oil based poly.

Hi Gang, Ran across a finish article in one of the rags that recommended spraying only water based poly. Anybody had contrary results spraying oil based poly? Any tips or suggestions.... thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark

sweetsawdust

Before I read I wasn't supposed to spray oil based poly, I sprayed many quarts of Minwax poly. Never had any real problems unless I opened the fluid nozzle to big and tried to carry to wet of a coat. Runs, but that's not the fault of the poly, but the operator.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

It's messy (the overspray--sticky), but other than that, poly sprays fine. Having said that, I mostly spray waterbornes.

Dave

Reply to
David

Reply to