HVLP spraying of oil based poly.

Hi Gang, Ran across a finish article in one of the rags that recommended spraying only water based poly. Anybody had contrary results spraying oil based poly? Any tips or suggestions.... thanks Mark
I have sprayed both and can't tell much difference in the final results. I do find that water based is a lot easier to work with and seems to be a little more tolerant of thinning. Clean up is a lot easier with the water base and the cost of the waterbase is off set by the lack of special solvents for clean up and thinning.

Before I read I wasn't supposed to spray oil based poly, I sprayed many quarts of Minwax poly. Never had any real problems unless I opened the fluid nozzle to big and tried to carry to wet of a coat. Runs, but that's not the fault of the poly, but the operator.
Frank
Mark wrote:

It's messy (the overspray--sticky), but other than that, poly sprays fine. Having said that, I mostly spray waterbornes.
Dave
I have had no problems spraying OB poly. The one concern is the longer dry time allowing for more things to fall on the surface and get stuck in the finish. Cheers, JG