HVLP recommendations

Considering the Wagner 2600 (yes... based mainly on the reviews in American Woodworker recently.)

Anyway... I was talking to a salesman and he almost has me talked into spending $300 more for a CAPSpray 8100. Why?

1) Gun allows adjustment of pickup tube while shooting. 2) Comes with coupon for a free second gun (or additional projector sets).

The question... is pickup tube adjustment while shooting a big issue. Having no experience, I'm guessing it is. It just seems like a pain to only be able to shoot the underside of a shelf without a) a full cup or b) adjusting the pickup tube. But... is it a $300 problem?

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks, Buzz

Reply to
Buzz Burrowes

It's a decision you'll have to make yourself. But if it helps, while I don't know about anyone else, the inside of a cabinet is what I shoot first, staring at the top. This means I invariably have a full cup when I do the areas in question anyway.

I read the article also. It's be nice but I've lived without so far with no problem.

Reply to
Mike G