HVLP paint spayers

Thinking about a HVLP outfit for stains and varnish. Would like to keep a budget line under $300. I know, the good ones are $6-800 but that's a bit hard to swallow or justify. What experience is there out there and what models preform well enoough to make it worth while.
Are you looking for a dedicated HVLP set up with gun and air supply?
Do you own a compressor?
Do you hope to spray latex paint?
I have used a dedicated system a few times. I found the one I used heavy and awkward. It is an older model American Turbine. The reduced overspray made it the gun of choice, but did establish a lust to own one.
Because I have a compressor, I bought an HVLP conversion gun. I have not used a good one (Sata, etc). Mine is a Chaiwanese wonder. The handle says Astro. I have been pleased with the results. I still own a Binks conventional cup gun, but have not used it since the Astro (the overspray is tremendous by comparison). I also own a Graco airless, but that is for a different type work.
It is surprising how often I use a brush or a can of spray paint rather than having to clean a spray gun.

something ......and in reply I say!:
That is also my experience. Something to take into account.

****************************************************************************************** WHY _ARE_ WE HERE?
Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
I have a small compressor that will not handle the requirements of most HVLP guns. So, I'd probably end up with a new compressor large enough or a turbine driven HVLP system No latex, mostly fine wood finish like stains and varnishes or lacquers.

I'm hearing some good things about the new minijet4 HVLP from Sata
http://www.sata.com/Produkte/produkt.jsp?index -51
http://everhartsales.com/product_info.php?products_id "302
Price seems reasonable for that kind of quality. It might very well be my next gun. With the adaptor, changing it from gravity fed to pressure pot-feed, you can spray upside down and sideways.
Btw.. I think 6-800 dollars is stupid-money for a spray-gun...even a full-time professional one.
Go with this $467.00 unit. A buddy of mine uses one in his production shop.
AZCRAIG
www.arizonavintagetrailers.com Repair - Refresh - Restore