HVLP paint spayers

Thinking about a HVLP outfit for stains and varnish. Would like to keep a budget line under $300. I know, the good ones are $6-800 but that's a bit hard to swallow or justify. What experience is there out there and what models preform well enoough to make it worth while.

Reply to
Stan Namdiel

Are you looking for a dedicated HVLP set up with gun and air supply?

Do you own a compressor?

Do you hope to spray latex paint?

I have used a dedicated system a few times. I found the one I used heavy and awkward. It is an older model American Turbine. The reduced overspray made it the gun of choice, but did establish a lust to own one.

Because I have a compressor, I bought an HVLP conversion gun. I have not used a good one (Sata, etc). Mine is a Chaiwanese wonder. The handle says Astro. I have been pleased with the results. I still own a Binks conventional cup gun, but have not used it since the Astro (the overspray is tremendous by comparison). I also own a Graco airless, but that is for a different type work.

It is surprising how often I use a brush or a can of spray paint rather than having to clean a spray gun.

DanG

I'm hearing some good things about the new minijet4 HVLP from Sata

?products_id=22302Price seems reasonable for that kind of quality. It might very well be my next gun. With the adaptor, changing it from gravity fed to pressure pot-feed, you can spray upside down and sideways.

Btw.. I think 6-800 dollars is stupid-money for a spray-gun...even a full-time professional one.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:17:58 -0500, "DanG" wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

That is also my experience. Something to take into account.

****************************************************************************************** WHY _ARE_ WE HERE?

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!

Reply to
Old Nick

I have a small compressor that will not handle the requirements of most HVLP guns. So, I'd probably end up with a new compressor large enough or a turbine driven HVLP system No latex, mostly fine wood finish like stains and varnishes or lacquers.

Reply to
Stan Namdiel

Go with this $467.00 unit. A buddy of mine uses one in his production shop.

AZCRAIG

Repair - Refresh - Restore

Reply to
cm