HVLP needle vlave fluid size Question

I have a Rockler HVLP Spray gun and compressor, bought it from an old friend that never used it. It came with 2 needle valves. Have been using it and really like the results I get. I ended taken the needle valve out to clean and noticed its pretty blunted and the extra one is very pointed. I can not locate any size marking on either and was wondering if the blunted one is because of use or could that just be the way it is? Could paint and air really blunt a brass needle valve that fast. Probably used it 20-30 times on different customer projects. Also spray mostly Latex on doors and some built ins. What would be the best tip to use the blunted one or the pointed one?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich

In regards to your question I suppose you should just as Rockler or maybe go online and see if they have pictures of replacement needles.

I have a question. Can you spray latex OK with this gun? I have some built-ins and 8 interior raised panel doors to paint soon and I would really like to spray them. My only experience with airless house sprayers seems like they would not be the best for such detail. I have heard good and bad results about spraying latex with HVLP.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

FWIW, Sherwin-Williams carries the following Graco "Prospray" technology:

residential paint subcontractor of 9 years uses the cordless one to paint doors and loves it. AAMOF, he sprayed/refinished my front door with it yesterday and it was pretty damned amazing.

The tailed model:

Swingman

Ive used it many times spraying Latex and it worked great. Had to thin it a bit with water but had no problems. I'm pretty new at spraying but I like the results I got. This is the one but its gone up a lot since the time I bought mine.

Rich

I saw one of those at Lowes during my Xmas shopping and it looks like the real deal....

That's on my next to purchase list.

Reply to
Pat Barber