Hutch ... on Picasa?

Wanted to see if this works. Been using Google's Picasa to organize photos, and wanted to see how it works for showing off wooddorking projects on the wReck.
Here's a "Picasa Web Album" of a hutch project I just completed:
http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/DiningRoomHutch #
Let me know if this simple version of the link works, if you will ... if not, I'll post another by reply.
(And THANKS to Leon, once again, for the helping hand, both in moving this beast around in the shop many times during fabrication, and for making the trek to Austin to help deliver and install it ... a better woodworking buddy and friend exists not!!)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

Thanks, Tom ...

None whatsoever ... Picasa is a free download, and you get 1 GB of storage free.
To tell the truth, what made me give it a try was having to download your individual photos ... I did the whole thing after doing so from from your post.
In your case, downloading individual photos was worth it, not so with all the rest of us! :)
It also saves a lot of trouble doing web pages and uploading them ... will probably combine the two methods in the future, gives everyone options.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Regards,
"Tom Watson" wrote:

$10, Almost forever? $25, Forever or 50 years?
Lew

Yes indeed. I use Astraweb now (since the death of Verizon) exclusively. Paid $10 in June of 2007 for 25 GB, and today's statement is: Your Account:          Pay-by-Download Account Status:          Active Bytes Downloaded:          460,811,616 bytes (0.46 GB) Downloads Left:          24,539,188,384 bytes (24.54 GB)
--
Best regards
Han

$2.95 registration for forever free access via Teranews @ a gig a month?
-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:18:09 -0600, the infamous Swingman

Works. Purt' nice, Swingy,
There were a couple of stiles on the hutch had a vertical grain I wasn't too fond of. Then again, I'm much more partial to QSWO, so I'm biased. ;)

That's always cool. Got a pic of the new couple, erm, I mean...
-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.
Swingman wrote:

Works just fine. Nice looking project.

Rob Leatham
Nice, Karl..! Color matching with table looks perfect.. Looks like it was part of original dining room set..! That's the first time I've seen the face frame attached so early in the case construction. I can see the advantage of being able to clamp face frame, particularly mullion more easily and efficiently to carcase. Which of course you couldn't if back was attached first. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Always learn something from your pictures.. -Jim

Jim Hall wrote:

Hey Jim,
It is a very efficient way to make a bunch of cabinets, like when doing a kitchen, but probably not the best method for freestanding projects like hutches, where frame and panel would be a more traditional method for a hutch ... and, I would have normally used another method for the casework.
In this case it was done this way because I did two identical hutches at the same time, one going in a kitchen (with a built-in toe kick and installed as you would any kitchen base and wall cabinet); and the other which was to be freestanding and to be used in a dining room.
(The mother of the kitchen client saw the 3D drawings of her daughter's kitchen I did and ordered a hutch for her own dining room " ... just like the one going in her daughter's kitchen"!)
Ask, and you shall receive ... :)
Knowing this, it made sense to do both the carcasses at the same time as part of a production run of cabinets for the kitchen, while material was on hand and the shop and machines were setup for the kitchen job.
The only difference between the FF for the two is the bottom rail of the one pictured is 1" wider than the one going in the kitchen, so it could be set on a separately made base. And of course one cabinet has a toe kick built in, and a counter top to match the rest of the kitchen, and the other is on a tradional cabinet base and has a wooden "counter top"
However, when all is said and done, only another cabinetmaker would know that the freestanding hutch is basically a modified kitchen base cabinet with a top. :)
And thanks for the kind words!!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08