Hutch ... on Picasa?

Wanted to see if this works. Been using Google's Picasa to organize photos, and wanted to see how it works for showing off wooddorking projects on the wReck.

Here's a "Picasa Web Album" of a hutch project I just completed:

me know if this simple version of the link works, if you will ... if not, I'll post another by reply.

(And THANKS to Leon, once again, for the helping hand, both in moving this beast around in the shop many times during fabrication, and for making the trek to Austin to help deliver and install it ... a better woodworking buddy and friend exists not!!)

Reply to
Swingman

Good looking project, Swing.

That link works fine. I like that style of presentation better than providing links to individual photos.

Is there much of a learning curve?

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Thanks, Tom ...

None whatsoever ... Picasa is a free download, and you get 1 GB of storage free.

To tell the truth, what made me give it a try was having to download your individual photos ... I did the whole thing after doing so from from your post.

In your case, downloading individual photos was worth it, not so with all the rest of us! :)

It also saves a lot of trouble doing web pages and uploading them ... will probably combine the two methods in the future, gives everyone options.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks Karl

I'm going to try that later on today or tomorrow, using the photos from that post you mentioned just to see how it goes.

I'd put up more photos if it didn't take so many steps. I miss having access to ABPW but not enough to pay for NG access.

watson - who will be putting away his toys and cleaning the shop for the rest of the daylight hours.

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

$10, Almost forever? $25, Forever or 50 years?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:008d43b1$0$23796 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Yes indeed. I use Astraweb now (since the death of Verizon) exclusively. Paid $10 in June of 2007 for 25 GB, and today's statement is: Your Account: Pay-by-Download Account Status: Active Bytes Downloaded: 460,811,616 bytes (0.46 GB) Downloads Left: 24,539,188,384 bytes (24.54 GB)

Reply to
Han

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:18:09 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Works. Purt' nice, Swingy,

There were a couple of stiles on the hutch had a vertical grain I wasn't too fond of. Then again, I'm much more partial to QSWO, so I'm biased. ;)

That's always cool. Got a pic of the new couple, erm, I mean...

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:40:40 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

$2.95 registration for forever free access via Teranews @ a gig a month?

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Works just fine. Nice looking project.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Nice, Karl..! Color matching with table looks perfect.. Looks like it was part of original dining room set..! That's the first time I've seen the face frame attached so early in the case construction. I can see the advantage of being able to clamp face frame, particularly mullion more easily and efficiently to carcase. Which of course you couldn't if back was attached first. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Always learn something from your pictures.. -Jim

Reply to
Jim Hall

Hey Jim,

It is a very efficient way to make a bunch of cabinets, like when doing a kitchen, but probably not the best method for freestanding projects like hutches, where frame and panel would be a more traditional method for a hutch ... and, I would have normally used another method for the casework.

In this case it was done this way because I did two identical hutches at the same time, one going in a kitchen (with a built-in toe kick and installed as you would any kitchen base and wall cabinet); and the other which was to be freestanding and to be used in a dining room.

(The mother of the kitchen client saw the 3D drawings of her daughter's kitchen I did and ordered a hutch for her own dining room " ... just like the one going in her daughter's kitchen"!)

Ask, and you shall receive ... :)

Knowing this, it made sense to do both the carcasses at the same time as part of a production run of cabinets for the kitchen, while material was on hand and the shop and machines were setup for the kitchen job.

The only difference between the FF for the two is the bottom rail of the one pictured is 1" wider than the one going in the kitchen, so it could be set on a separately made base. And of course one cabinet has a toe kick built in, and a counter top to match the rest of the kitchen, and the other is on a tradional cabinet base and has a wooden "counter top"

However, when all is said and done, only another cabinetmaker would know that the freestanding hutch is basically a modified kitchen base cabinet with a top. :)

And thanks for the kind words!!

Reply to
Swingman