hardwoods supplier in the Huntsville, Alabama area?

Does anyone know of a hardwoods supplier in the Huntsville, Alabama area? I'm thinking of moving there, and of course, that will be one of my major concerns as a woodbreaker!

Thanks in advance

Bob Gruber snipped-for-privacy@rgruber.com

Reply to
News

You may want to post this question in hsv.general. I've seen the same question answered over there in the past.

All my data is old, but there was a place in Madison. There's also one in Scotsboro and one in Huntland, TN. Sorry I can't remember any names, but some yellow pages browsing for those cities should get you started.

Oh, and I think I heard Littrell Lumber in Decatur has a limited selection of hardwoods.

-j

Reply to
Joe User

News wrote: : Does anyone know of a hardwoods supplier in the Huntsville, Alabama area? : I'm thinking of moving there, and of course, that will be one of my major : concerns as a woodbreaker!

Hardwood Center in Scottsboro is the place for wood. They are about 30 miles east of Huntsville. Here's their website:

kmy

In addition to the Scottsboro supplier, there is also Gobble-Fite in Decatur, and "a guy who runs a sawmill"(according to the gents at the Redstone Arsenal Wood Craft shop), on Nick Davis Road in Athens(near the correctional facility). Somebody at the Woodcraft in Birmingham(actually Pelham, about 80 miles away from HSV) might be able to point you in another direction. Also, consider moving to Decatur, Athens, Hartselle, Cullman or somewhere "close" to Huntsville. My hometown has turned to shit, I'm afraid.

Reply to
David Sizemore