Humorous posts from the past

I think "Brainsaaaaaarrrrrggghhhh!" still has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on the wreck.

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:23:45 -0500, "Young_carpenter" scribbled:

Any more hints? Like keywords I could use or when were they posted? I couldn't find them on Google. Thanks.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

this one's not bad, but it's a thread, not a single message

Bridger

hmmmm Bull Red lOnghorn? farm Police

I'll try googling myself

Reply to
Young_carpenter

Reply to
Pat Barber

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:43:13 -0500, "Jon Endres, PE" brought forth from the murky depths:

I vaguely remember that. Post a link, will ya, Jon? I can't seem to find it in Google.

========================================================== CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ==========================================================

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ok it was the wrong guy I attributed it to been a long time here is one link

?q=red+group:rec.woodworking+author:Steve+author:Sierp+author:stevesierp%40core.com&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&scoring=d&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=2001&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2004&selm=v2it1frboj1ib7%40corp.supernews.com&rnum=4still searching for that troll

Reply to
Young_carpenter

those Myth Busters on Disc. Channel did an investigation of it. I don't know the results though.

Reply to
Young_carpenter

Road & Track, or Car & Driver (can't remember which) by one of the regular columnists, whose name I also can't remember. Somewhere in my archive of 10,000 emails I have permission from the publisher for me to reprint it on my website (which I haven't), but about 30 minutes of looking for it have found me brushing off a lot of hay and no needles to show for it.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Heh. I've been reading a book by Bernard Cornwell, "Sharpe's Trafalgar". One character says the easiest way to find a needle in a haystack is to make love to a woman there. It will surely stick in her "bum."

Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Charlie Self

Yep... I think it was "cross post" that goes back to like 1984 or so...(back when usenet was mostly schools)

It is/was still very funny...

LRod wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

I'll second the nomination for Dave Barry's - How To Make a Board.

your stick on the ice Tony

Reply to
Tony Mo

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:12:19 +0000, LRod scribbled:

but John Milliken did a wood working version.

snipped-for-privacy@news1-alterdial.uu.net&lr=&num=100&hl=en Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Here it is again, with everybody's suggestions added.

So, whatch'all think?

Please use email address in the "Reply to:" header for flames and criticism. Adulation and compliments can be posted here publicly.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

It is well liked.

UA100, who'd all but forgotten Uncle Jessie...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Peter Egan, Road & Track

"LRod" wrote: :

Reply to
Peter Shull

That's it! Thanks.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I didn't see O'Deen's workmutt incident there

's a cautionary tale worth reading.

Ken Muldrew

I liked the O'Deen tale of the two bright painters painting his girlfriend's place.

David Hall

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:15:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) brought forth from the murky depths:

Which one is it? Maybe I saved it. He was great.

.-. Life is short. Eat dessert first! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques