Humorous posts from the past

Page 2 of 3
Here it is again, with everybody's suggestions added.
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
So, whatch'all think?
Please use email address in the "Reply to:" header for flames and criticism. Adulation and compliments can be posted here publicly.
Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

It is well liked.
UA100, who'd all but forgotten Uncle Jessie...

I didn't see O'Deen's workmutt incident there
http://www.google.ca/groups?q=worm+drive+workmate+group:rec.woodworking+author:olguin&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm ;j4aj%24dpc%40hacgate2.hac.com&rnum=2
It's a cautionary tale worth reading.
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:15:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) brought forth from the murky depths:

Which one is it? Maybe I saved it. He was great.
.-. Life is short. Eat dessert first! --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:36:20 GMT, Larry Jaques

Hey, Ken, how come you misspelled "favourite"? Should have been "favourite (favorite, Keith)". We gotta keep with the appropriate spelling so Keith can continue giving us the nod & we give Keith the nod.

Ken wrote in a previous post:

I Googled up and down on it: "dye" "stain" "spill" "indelible". I did find out that Tom advocated using ink from magic markers as a dye stain in the early days, but I couldn't find the post Ken was referring to. Ken couldn't find it either.
Weegie, thanks for putting all that stuff up.
I got to read Uncle Walt's stuff all over again and it really cracked me up - all over again.
Thanks for keeping the humorsful stuff of the Wreck up - and in a handy place to get at.
(watson - who didn't see Thunder's piece the first time - and damned near pissed hisself when he did this time)
scribbled:

YAMW
I'm sure I've missed a lot too. So if you, or anyone else has any suggestions, please forward them to me.
You inspired me to do a bit of an update. It now has your latest Bindlestiff offering, and a few others from Paddy, Groggy & CapeCod Bob.

I liked the O'Deen tale of the two bright painters painting his girlfriend's place.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadmdd30eb.0302101650.46a7d566%40posting.google.com&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26safe%3Doff%26q%3Do%27deen%2Bpainting%2B%26meta%3D
Wigi, Here's the one to fill out the Walt Akers directory! www.twisted-oaks.org
Nahmie
This is a classic. Dave
Dear Sir

Not a wreck original, if that matters. I first heard this story in 1969 in a training class where I was working. Hilarious then; hilarious now.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
those Myth Busters on Disc. Channel did an investigation of it. I don't know the results though.
--

"LRod" < snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
I think of several. The troll about cutting logs with a table saw. The two by I think it was Sylvan about his bull Red.
--

"Luigi Zanasi" < snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:23:45 -0500, "Young_carpenter"

Any more hints? Like keywords I could use or when were they posted? I couldn't find them on Google. Thanks.
hmmmm Bull Red lOnghorn? farm Police
I'll try googling myself
--

"Luigi Zanasi" < snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Here is the "tool definitions"
http://www.google.com/groups?q=tool+definitions&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm Luigi Zanasi wrote:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:55:11 GMT, Pat Barber

That, too, is not a wreck original. It was originally published in Road & Track, or Car & Driver (can't remember which) by one of the regular columnists, whose name I also can't remember. Somewhere in my archive of 10,000 emails I have permission from the publisher for me to reprint it on my website (which I haven't), but about 30 minutes of looking for it have found me brushing off a lot of hay and no needles to show for it.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod writes:

Heh. I've been reading a book by Bernard Cornwell, "Sharpe's Trafalgar". One character says the easiest way to find a needle in a haystack is to make love to a woman there. It will surely stick in her "bum."
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.
Yep... I think it was "cross post" that goes back to like 1984 or so...(back when usenet was mostly schools)
It is/was still very funny...
LRod wrote:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:12:19 +0000, LRod

but John Milliken did a wood working version.
http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&as_umsgid=6hlbq3%24cj5% snipped-for-privacy@news1-alterdial.uu.net&lr=&num0&hl=en Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html