HUMOR: Changing a Sawblade

Changing a Sawblade

Q: How many subscribers to a newsgroup does it take to change a sawblade?

Answers:

1 to change the sawblade and to post that the sawblade has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing sawblades and how the sawblade could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing sawblades

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing sawblades

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "sawblade" or "saw blade" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "blade"

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different sawblades

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the sawblade controversy

4 to suggest that posters request the sawblade FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

8 to post jokes about sawblades

2 to post reasons why changing the sawblade is the result of a government conspiracy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

43 to say "do a Google search on sawblades"

1 lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Reply to
solarman

Shechoooooooo.... zzzzzzzeeeee Shechoooooooo.... zzzzzzzeeeee Shechoooooooo.... zzzzzzzeeeee

This one was funny the first time but certainly not the second time.... and this was not the first or the second time....

Well, it is funny but it is getting old...

Reply to
Leon

First time I've seen it, and thought it was VERY funny, and very apt of this newsgroup...... I'm not knocking it though...... Many thanks to those of you that make this newsgroup what it is.....

Graham

Reply to
Graham Walters

Yes,,, ;!) It is funny...the first time, like you said.... but it is long and you would probably not find it as funny the second or third or fourth time that you have seen it like I have in the last 2 or 3 weeks in this news group...

Reply to
Leon