Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.

Page 5 of 5
Leon... buddy... friend of mine...
Let it go. You are defending yourself needlessly against the fanboy hoard.
You are a small "bidniz" man, so is Karl, so am I. Others are not. We kno w that shit indeed rolls uphill.
If my employee makes mistake on the job, in the eyes of the customer, they hold my company (and me) responsible. They don't say, "no problem Robert t hat you tore down our fence instead of repairing it. We hold your low leve l employee responsible, not you." Nope, they hold me responsible.
If there is an error in customer service, << I >> am responsible, no one el se.
My customers react the exact way I do. If I have proof you screwed up and you immediately admit it and work to fix it (say... expedited shipping on m e, for example) then I can recall that my next perfect day will be my first . No harm, no foul, just get the deal done. I expect the wrong party to f ix their problem. After all, if Leon had screwed up and used a bad credit c ard, given the wrong shipping address, or had provided the wrong customer c ontact info, that would have all been on him, right? So it is a two way st reet. Unless...
If I am met with a surly attitude by some smart ass that is so poorly train ed he intimates I might be lying or just completely wrong, the fun starts f or me. Over the years I have perfected my chainsaw mouth approach to probl em solving and I make the guy that is ruining my day as absolutely unhappy as I can. I gladly speak to supervisor after supervisor, working my way up the ladder.
It is good that Rob Lee contacted you, but that is all after the fact. It is not your fault, nor should it be your burden to bear that their IT idiot s can't get their site lined out as well as hundreds of thousands of others .
And again, I know you well enough to know that if they had made just a bit of effort to placate you, all would have been well.
I give everyone a fair shake and know that I am not remotely close to perfe ct and realize that not all my efforts are 100%. I do not alienate clients for any reason. My employees and sub contractors are not allowed to have bad attitudes. Bad attitudes cost me money and future clients. Folks that have bad days are children and need to man up or stay at home. I run a ti ght ship and expect that of others. I was brought up in the trades that wa y, and it has served me well.
I thought your post was well reasoned, well intended, and devoid of the kin d of nasty attitude that I would have expressed. And for those that are di sappointed in you because you didn't handle this the way THEY think you sho uld, shame on them. They know you here as a constant, valued contributor a nd solid guy. Pathetic they couldn't give you the benefit of a doubt on th is.
Let the guys that buy 10 frickin' door knobs a year or $200 worth of stuff once and a while have this one Leon. There is no resolution when arguing w ith fan boys or folks that see the world only from their eyes.
Robert

LOL ... hell, when you have little or nothing to add to a woodworking discussion, you gotta exercise that gold plated, here's what you should of done, holier than than thou attitude in some fashion.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 08:06:20 -0700, jo4hn wrote:

I once heard a dismissal prayer at church that contained the words: false teeth, gasoline and opium poppies although I believe the old gentleman may not have had a firm grip on reality.
basilisk