Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.

Page 4 of 5
On 8/7/2013 1:29 PM, tommyboy wrote:

Never hit the card so they indeed lost the order some where along the line.
I did get an explanation from the owner of LV, they ran some tests and found issues with some web browsers accessing their site.
On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 14:55:10 -0500, Leon wrote:

Just out of curosity what browser did you use? Still on them cross browser testing is on the developer.
basilisk
On 8/7/2013 3:15 PM, basilisk wrote:

I learned they are having issues with Chrome and Safari. They have turned it over to9 their IT team.
Oddly I have been using Chrome since the early 2011 and place 4~5 orders with LV and have has no issues. Perhaps security updates have changed things on their end.

So, it WAS YOUR FAULT!!! If you weren't using a crap browser in the beginning, all this rigmoral wouldn't have happened.
Nice try, but you've been caught Leon!
:)

There are non standard defined html constructs that are tolerated by certain browsers, some brought on intentionally by the "extend and embrace" philosophy of some browser providers.
It would be interesting to know the exact html (or possibly javascript) that caused the issue.
On 8/8/2013 9:50 AM, Doug Winterburn wrote:

In the past I've tried to suss out why chrome always returns a "download.htm" link, resulting in an "about.blank" page in a browser tab, when faced/clicking on the following drop down list "action button" (but I obviously don't have enough information, and certainly not enough javascript coding experience to troubleshoot it successfully):
I'm thinking it is either security related, or perhaps related to an installed extension wacking out the running the desired javascript that would allow the desired result, although disabling all extensions does not seem to make a difference, although some report that works for them?
Sadly, and although I generally like Chrome, I have to load up Internet Exploder when I do any financial browsing.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 08/08/2013 08:48 AM, Swingman wrote:

client side could result in inconsistencies?
On 8/8/2013 11:21 AM, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Possible, but the java plug-in should be automatically updated in Chrome right? (just double checked, and you have to actually use a command line flag (--allow-outdated-plugins) to keep Chrome from updating); and goodness knows I keep the JRE updated on the box due to the constant and continuing number of exploits ... including running the Java Uninstall Tool after each update.
I'm at a dead loss as to what to do about it. Asked USAA tech web tech support, who seemed to think it is not an issue and can't be bothered; and checked periodically on the G+ forums, where none of the possible solutions have worked for most of those who have taken the time to complain.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 8/8/2013 10:48 AM, Swingman wrote:

which IIRC is another Capitol One web site. I did have issues with most of these in one way or another in the past but as the institutions have embraced Chrome I find myself not having to use another browser as often. Strangely I can get into my money market accounts site but can see nothing as far as data is concerned.

You might like Opera.
One thing I particularly like - other browsers may have the same? - is the fact that I can set it to dump ALL cookies it received when I close it; for those cookies one may wish to retain, it is easy to exempt whatever sites one wishes.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 8/8/2013 2:17 PM, dadiOH wrote:

So any problems, will likely be in both browsers.
--
Froz...

message wrote in message

Unless one uses an older version of Opera. Which I do.
Yeah, I know...the web page coders will eventually screw up their pages for older browsers but I'm 80 and I'm betting that won't happen in my lifetime :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 8/8/2013 6:30 PM, dadiOH wrote:

--
Froz...

On 8/7/2013 3:15 PM, basilisk wrote:

I don't think that Leon uses Chrome, but I'd bet it is one of the problem children. I simply can't use Chrome on one of my banking sites ... maybe a good thing, the way Google and the NSA are in cahoots.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 8/7/2013 4:36 PM, Swingman wrote:

I still use Chrome. I did have a lot of issues accessing banking sites for some time and had to use Firefox. Lately my only issue with Chrome is accessing my money manager's web site.
On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 16:36:56 -0500, Swingman wrote:

I'm not much on conspiracies, but it wouldn't surprise me if the feds put google where they are today.
Gmail is a monster, I have my own hosting and email but if you want to communicate with anyone else it winds up at some point passing through gmail more often than not.
basilisk
On 8/6/2013 10:44 AM, Leon wrote:

OK now,
The final final follow up. ;~)
> > > Your email was forward to us by Robin Lee, we are very sorry that we were not able to help you after the first request. We should have used this opportunity to investigate immediately. > > > > We believe we have identified the problem. By using the “back” buttons to navigate during the secure checkout process it is possible to generate an incomplete order. At this time it seems to be specific to the Google Chrome or Safari Web browsers, can you confirm this? Our Website and IT teams will be investigating further and we hope to have a resolution shortly. > > > > Meanwhile, please allow us to take your order again via our website or phone. We could ship it out tomorrow and we will offer you expedited shipping and remove all shipping charges? > > > > Please let us know how you would like to proceed, we are very sorry this has happened. I can be reached by phone at ###############. > > > > Regards, > > > > John Nicol > > E-Comm Team Leader > > Lee Valley Tools > > Hi John,
Yes I was using Chrome but don't recall using the back button but it could have been a possibility.
I think the real problem is that, regardless of how I got there, I was confident that the total indicated on my receipt and the confirmation number on the receipt along with the print receipt button on that page was the end of a successful order process.
As for replacing the order I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately when I learned that It would cost me an additional $20~$30 for shipping to expedite the order to arrive within the previously expected time frame I declined and placed the order with Amazon. Their free shipping normally arrives 3~4 sooner than the normal shipping from LV. In this particular instance I had already quoted my customer a price for the item on this order and I was simply going to pass my cost straight on to her. I had no wiggle room and time was a factor.
I am not a real frequent customer directly but do advise many of my customers to order direct from your store to save, in particular cabinet hardware. My concern with this happening to me is that It was surely happening to other customers. I would not want to refer my customers to your site if they were going to have this type problem. Being in Texas most all of my customers have never heard of LV and I do up sell your services and products.
Anyway my whole reason for rattling cages was to insure that those that would want to know how this incident played out were made aware.
Thank you for your time and offer, it was what I expected when I first followed up yesterday morning.
On 8/7/2013 5:33 PM, Leon wrote:

credit in return, your initial comments seemed hasty here, and you shouldn't have had to take it to Rob, but two screw-ups do not make a right.
--
Froz...

On 8/7/2013 6:13 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Had I not brought it up here I would not have received his e-mail address/contact information. Doing so enabled me to go to the person that would care and have the situation corrected.
On 8/7/2013 8:11 PM, Leon wrote:

a "bad experience", it sounds a little less brutal.
--
Froz...