Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.

I am one of those that would say that does not sound like LV either.

I had ordered 3

The person was courteous but not helpful in solving the problem with out it costing me more money for faster delivery. The email rubber stamp response kinda got my attention. Obviously rubber stamped since it did not acknowledge that I mentioned that I had a receipt and confirmation number.

Reply to
Leon

They could have handled it better from the start and not blame you. Could be a lot of reasons it screwed up. OTOH, I wonder how many people accuse them of late shipments and expect them to eat the cost of overnight freight?

The person you spoke to should have apologized and promised to ship your order that day, but to upgrade the cost of freight to more than the profit potential is expecting too much.

Leon, I've always respected your postings here, but this time you did not come across as the gentleman you usually are. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, you came across like a spoiled kid that did not get his way. I hope I'm wrong.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

+1

Moderator

Bullshit ... what Leon expected from Lee Valley is the same service and attention to detail that his clients have come to expect and demand from him.

It is why Leon is successful in this business, and why Lee Valley heretofore gained respect and loyalty in their business ... it was Lee Valley that dropped this ball, and worse, blamed it on the customer.

You are way off base, Bubba ... and indeed wrong.

Reply to
Swingman

I have to agree, but for a different reason. I've never met Leon in person. But, for all the years I've been reading comments from Leon in this newsgroup, he's shown himself to be a person of reason and fairness.

I've always experienced excellent customer service from Lee Valley tools. The only difference here is that an order was placed with them and they screwed it up. The onus is on them to fix the problem to the buyer's satisfaction ~ IF they want to keep their stellar reputation for service.

Reply to
none

What's the different reason? ... that's pretty much the EXACT gist of my observation. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Both true but from what I've read in this read (not all) I'm thinking that the problem was that the page timed out before the order was actually placed.

Normally, when ordering stuff online, you are eventually presented with a page detailing the order; an invoice, essentially. There is often/usually a confirmation number too and a suggestion that the purchaser print the page but the order isn't actually placed until the buyer hits the "Place Order" or "Submit" or whatever button. Once that is done, gears grind, stuff whirls, credit card is checked & charged and eventually - if all has gone well - a new page pops up and thanks you for your order. I rather imagine that final "Thank you" page didn't pop up for Leon.

Reply to
dadiOH

Nice sticky reach-around, Swingy.

Moderator

Well shipping is another matter, LV has no control after the carrier takes possession of the shipment. I certainly would not expect LV to cover the shippers mistake. But if LV takes my order and does nothing with it for 5 days and when I follow up on the order they know nothing of it and indicate that the receipt and confirmation number that they issued was never generated, I would expect them to step up and right the wrong.

NO BIG DEAL FOR ME. I reordered from Amazon at almost exactly the same price and it should arrive much sooner than replacing the order with LV.

I did not get upset with any one with LV. I simply asked if they could get the order to me within the same time constraints of the original order with out it costing me more money. This order in fact is going to be sold to my customer at my cost and I have already quoted a price. I am not about to change her price because LV screwed up, that makes me look bad. Fortunately I plan for situations like these and had plan B in place. FWIW I don't normally sell at cost but this was an add on to a piece that I am building for her.

Why have I vented here? I certainly am not advocating that anyone take their business elsewhere. I am only telling about my last experience and it would be prudent on a time sensitive order to follow up ASAP whether you get a receipt and confirmation number on the order or not. Apparently that bit of information give by LV is not a certainty that they will ship your order.

If I were Robin Lee I would most certainly want to know why my customers are being issued receipts and order confirmation orders and my employees blaming my customers for not doing something right instead of looking into what is going wrong with the billing system.

Reply to
Leon

And finally the person that needs to know what is going on replies

Thank you Lee. I'm more interested in you knowing what is going on than looking for any favors.

Sent from my iPad

Mr Bridges ? Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience ? we did not handle your inquiry well. I?ve asked our Chief Customer Officer to look into it, and you?ll get a more complete explanation. Generally, we?re much better at this type of thing?. Sincerely ? Rob Lee

Reply to
Leon

Actually with this Lee Valley order I got the print "Receipt" button on the receipt/confirmation number page after clicking the place order button.

I have to ask, would you think the order was accepted after all of that?

Seriously, What more conformation should I have been looking for?

Anyway I described the steps I went through and they confirmed that after I got to the print receipt page with the confirmation number there were no more steps/clicks to be made, the transaction was complete.

Computers are not infallible, the first two reps at LV don't seem to realize this. I simply wanted them to help me out since I chose them over Amazon because of their reputation and my past experiences. I allowed extra lead time as shipping from Canada to Texas is a few days slower than ordering from Amazon.

Reply to
Leon

C_Less, your sock puppet is showing ...

Reply to
Swingman

As I said, there's the man in the operation who demands "service and attention to detail"; AND is business-wise enough to NOT blame it on the customer when there is NO evidence to that effect.

You were spot on to both make an issue out of it using all available avenues, and to make sure those who actually built the business know what is going on in their organization.

All's well that ends well ...

Reply to
Swingman

Just out of curiosity, was your credit card charged?

Reply to
tommyboy

Absolutely.

Only the email acknowledgement but I don't spend much time looking for those myself; if one didn't show up, I probably wouldn't even notice.

Reply to
dadiOH

And finally!

Hi ?

Yes ? we?ve already completed testing and have found the issue (it appears to be a browser behavior problem ? but will let the folks looking into it answer that).

The staff member that replied to you did a poor job ? and that?s being addressed too.

Cheers ?

Rob Lee

Reply to
Leon

LOL, I knew he was still lurking.

Reply to
Leon

Never hit the card so they indeed lost the order some where along the line.

I did get an explanation from the owner of LV, they ran some tests and found issues with some web browsers accessing their site.

Reply to
Leon

Just out of curosity what browser did you use? Still on them cross browser testing is on the developer.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Go away you anonymous posting, cowardly douchbag.

Reply to
-MIKE-