Humidity!

This keeps up and I'm going shopping for Cosmoline!

Reply to
Eric Ryder

Humidity's been brutal here in Houston since last week. Walked by the local pool at about 5 AM this morning, the "cool of the day", and was just as wet as if I'd walked through it ... and the thermometer over the workbench in the shop read 113 this afternoon.

Reply to
Swingman

Just took a look. Humidity is 19% this morning. I noticed last weekend it was 11%. We run the humidifier now and again. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I've just bought two silk shirts and sewn myself a linen chainsawing / woodturning smock (no front opening, no chips down the shirt).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

... and probably raining?

Just got back from Sheffield in June and had rain on 10 out of 12 days ... "Oh to be in England, now that summer is here!" ;>)

Reply to
Swingman

RH is 82% here right now (7pm), and rarely less than 60%. Of course, the temperature is nothing to boast about (24degC).

Bob Martin,in the UK

Reply to
Bob Martin

Actually, we are praying for rain ! Had none to speak of for weeks. A batch of thunderstorms went all round us last night.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Tue, Aug 3, 2004, 2:45pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) says: Just took a look. Humidity is 19% this morning. I noticed last weekend it was 11%. We run the humidifier now and again.

OK, made me look. The little thingie hanging on the wall says the temp in the house is 80, no air running, just a couple of windows opens, and a couple of fans. And the little humidity needle is on100. I have no idea if that's supposed to be good or bad. But, it's comfortable.

JOAT The highway of fear is the road to defeat.

- Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE

J T

I Remember Carson on the late show saying that the bad news was that 2 million years from now the sun would super nova and the temperature on earth would reach 8000 degrees. The good news was it would be a dry heat. Mike in Arknasas

Reply to
JMWEBER987

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:59:25 GMT, Bob Martin calmly ranted:

It was really muggy when I returned to GP yesterday, probably

20%, but it's back down to 16% today.

I remember climbing out of the shower in Arkansas, drying my torso, then by the time I dried my legs, my torso was totally engulfed in sweat. I do NOT miss that sticky heat, lemme tell ya. You guys on the east half of the USA can -have- it.

- - Let Exxon send their own troops -

Comprehensive Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I hate that also. That is why airconditioning was invented. I pay to heat the house in the winter, so I'm willing to pay for the comfort in the summer. A hundred years ago people in the cities slept on rooftop, in parks, by the rivers. Now we just turn the knob to "High Cool". Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski