HSS sheets

I have started a machine shop to produce HSS blades please advice me where can I source M 35 grade HSS sheets in 3 mm Thickness can anyone in the group help

Reply to
Abu

You started a machine shop. yet you don't know where to buy your material? Sorry, but that just does not sound good to me. Your steel suppliers should know the answer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We have a lot of trouble sourcing this sort of material as well.

There was just a post on march 3 adressing a similar issue.

"Mail order source of small lots of metals?"

If you find someone you like would you let us know, please?

Thanks, tom

Reply to
president

I don't know where to find HSS stock (M-whatever, or T-...) but for O-1, A-2, and W-x, Enco and KBC-tools are handy.

For very small pieces, lots of companies selling lathes also sell square tool stock of (already hardened) HSS, usually M-1.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

This is an ancient thread, but you never got much of an answer. Try

or searching Google for Production Tool. They have the rest of the tools and supplies you need, too.

Reply to
replyonline