Howdy from the past.

Page 2 of 2
Robin Lee wrote:

Wow! I haven't seen Anne Rockler (Action) Jackson chime in yet with little customer service goodies like this.
UA100
"Unisaw A100"
Might I presume this to be the Duke of URL's from Wisconsin
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg
welcome back. I assume you have long since sent off your letter to TOH. Norm and Tom and the boys will make quick work of this.     mahalo,     jo4hn
MPD Blue wrote:

jo4hn wrote:

10-Q
hell NO!

and make quick work of my bank account!
-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg
scribbled:

I see you still refuse to use a spell-checker. ;-)

Welcome back, John. Stick around for a while, will ya. BTW, if you want to put up the most recent version of the Anti-FAQ, I can send it to you.

You'll always be Spokeshave to me, John. Good to see you back.

You sure you don't live in Springfield and work at Monty's nukular plant with Homer?

Good to see you back, John. Made any spokeshaves lately? :-)
There are still a few Neanders around these parts, but most of them seem to have given up on this funny farm. (Paddy still makes an occasional appearance when there's a thread with the word "shellac" in it.)
Seems like the last time we heard from you was about the time that Rob and the boys at LV came up with their low-angle spokeshave. Any news on the woodworking front? Do you still have every plane that the folks at L-N offer? ;-)
I hope you hang around for a while. You might bring some of the oldtimers out of the woodwork. Ford knows we could use an injection of common sense and deceny around this loony bin.
Chuck Vance Just say (tmPL) And I still blame you for my spokeshave addiction.
"Conan the Librarian" wrote

Sadly, no..... But I did find a box of long lost cryo-treated Hock spokeshave blades (large and small) next time I fly home (tuesday night to be exact) I'll see if I can hunt them up and I'll post a FS.

Can't say as I blame then, I've lurked for about week, and I can see it's still the same old Charlie Foxtrot as it ever was if not worse. But fear not there is a new sherrif in town and his name is Reggie Hammond... err...... woops, wrong movie.

Haven't heard from him in a Loooong time Visiting w/ O'Deen was one of my highlights of my frequest trips to the left-coast

Yeah..... I got one of them, GREAT tool indeed, IMO

The only wood I'vew been working is a 24" Ring-Grip Wood Baton http://www.galls.com/style.html?style 066&assort=general_catalog
;-)

No I never had EVERY plane they offered..... but I have most of them (and a few they never offered ;-)

"common sense and deceny" are not words I've heard in a while, especially around this city.

Perhaps I should I arrest myself?
Hmmmm.... would that be spokeshave your talking to? where ya been man? Its been a long time since I saw ya - Victoria was a baby...
You still in the cowhampshire parts? drop me a ping.....
--JD

jduprie wrote:

I got dropped from the Once mighty Cabletron Juggernaught the week before last Thanksgiving. One thing led to another and somehow I'm a Law Enforcement Officer in Memphis, TN. Working in the Traffic Division out of the West Precinct which means I spend my day rolling from one crash to the next..... Soiling the soles of my boots with vehicle and bodily fluid of all types.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/John_car.jpg

Ummm..... well since July, that would be Memphis, TN

I'll be home later this week (flying in tomorrow) call me and well try and get together 603 219 38...... (yeah right like I'm gonna post my cell # on usenet, SURE !-)
-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Cool. I can definitely recommend those blades. I've got the small one in a little cocobolo shave I made a few years back.

Well, we need a little law and order around these parts. (Congrats (?) on the new gig. Does the Memphis PD have a mountain bike squad? :-) (Oh, and things definitely are worse around here these days. Not as many Norm Wars, but the crossposters have been trying to disrupt things for a while.)

It's hard for me to say this, but the LV shave has passed my Guntershaves as my favorite. I still prefer the feel of a wooden shave in my hands, but I can't argue with the performance from the LV tool. I'm thinking I should get two of them and keep one set up for rough work and another for really fine finishing. :-)

Hey, that would look really snazzy in purpleheart. ;-)

Heh. BTW, have you tried any of their shaves?

Get right on it, Officer Fife. ;-)
Chuck Vance

Well no shit, ya big muther-effer. Ya up and disappeared. A highlight indeed. Me and you were hanging at an all-night burger place (the locals know it as Tommy's), when some chingon started bad-mouthing me (for no apparent reason other than he was perhaps drunk and bitter) in Spanish. It was too funny. The best part was after the nutcase sulked off into the night and Gunterman sez, "I was kinda hoping he'd take a swing at ya. We'd have had a blast kicking his ass!"
Glad to see you're busting heads for a living, now.
O'Deen
Just say (tmpl) I remember asking Spokeshave what town his wife is from and he answered, "Hooksett." And I said, "No, where she's from, not what she does for a living!" *rimshot*
OBWW - the hex shank on those drill/driver bit sets fits perfectly in a Barber (alligator jaw) chuck, turning your old brace into one badass screwdriving machine.

Well, I been busy doing a whole lot of nothing......

Now, now... I would never condone the busting of heads, that would just be plain wrong ;-) We are only allowed to cary a 26" Hickory Baton.. no ASP's for us. Supposedly the hickory baton will break before a skull will crack or bome will break (they call it "less than lethal force") Even our flashlights must be under a certain size and made of plasctic.
I have become known to specificly go after Handicap Parking violators with a particular vengance unseen before my arival. Being a former gimp it is a real pet peeve of mine, and I show NO mercy when I spot a abled body person park in a H.C. spot, hop out of a car, and trot into the store... I pull right up behind them (blocking them in) and start writing the citation."But, I was just running in for a minute." "Good, now you can _RUN_ into the bank and take out $100 to pay the fine."

ba-da-bing..
-- John G. Just say: "Wrote 17 short tickets on Monday."
     snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) writes:

OBTROLL - You can cut the shanks of those old brace bits and then they fit in the chuck of that cordless wunderdrill from B&D you just bought at the Homee Despot. No, really! I read it in a wwing magazine, even!
FWIW, I remember when Spokeshave was Duct Tape, and before that, Gunterman. (Or was it the other way around?)
OBWW - lastnight, after getting really pissed off playing some idiotic computer game, I went out in the shop/garage and beat the crap out of a scrap of 2x4 with a hammer. Very cathartic.
--
Jeff Thunder
The From: header above is wrong on porpoise
Jeff Thunder wrote:

Next time try a railroad cross-tie and a 5 pound hand-sledge. (Build up those pects and traps ;-)
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg
MPD Blue wrote:

You wanta real catharsis, beat up that cross-tie with my great grandpa's old railroad sledge hammer. I forget how much it weighs, but it has a huge hex head on it probably 4.5" across the face and about 8" long. Sucker's not easy to swing, but it packs a wallop.