How would you?

Page 3 of 3
Mike O. wrote:

You're going to be glad you did. It's one of those 'problem solver' tools that you don't grab to start a job but will probably have out before you're done on most of them.
Get the "top" kit--that gives you most of the accessories and a good set of blades at a good discount.
Mike O. wrote:

Try the Harbor Freight model first. It's about one-tenth the price of a Fein (walk-in-off-the-street $39.95).

Is it possible to use some solvent or lye solution to crumble the particle board? Soak overnight? If the mirror is only 1/4" thick, I'd worry about vibration cracking it. If it's thicker, you're safer. If it's bonded with RTV, you could use a solvent for that. You might also need to worry about staining or etching the silvering if you use liquid, but it's probably protected given its intended use.
"> How would you go about it? "
Well, let's see. It would be a good idea to know how the top was fixed to the cabinets, the measurements and relative positions of the components to be saved, scrapped, re-installed and so forth.
So, the first thing I would want to do before venturing any advice would be to come and look at it closely.
If mirror glass is attached with mirror mastic, a piano wire can be used to cut through and remove the mirror.
But, from here, I can't tell how they attached the mirror!
Masking tape ...
but, you are actually putting In Granite ? Gawd not good.