How well does the Grizzly G0555 resaw?

I'm thinking of getting the Grizzly G0555 with the 6" riser block. It's only 1HP, and for $425 (price before shipping and riser block), I know it won't compare to the more hefty guys on the market.

But Grizzly seems to be a nice no-frills solid product, and my needs are fairly light. Down here in New Mexico, it's difficult to find a decent supply of thinly cut woods, but I can usually get a decent selection of some nice woods in Santa Fe that are cut 4/4 to 6/4.

I doubt that I would ever need to resaw anything as wide as 12", but I can see 8" resaws being fairly common.

Has anyone out there had good ... or bad ... experience with the G0555 for resawing?

Thanks!

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

I have an older version, and it is not as good as I would like. But I suspect the design has improved a bit in ~15 years

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg