How to unglue something without wrecking the wood

Page 2 of 2
"Jim Weisgram" wrote:

-------------------------- Interesting, have never used TBI, but have used lots of TBII.
Have always been able to loosen TBII with a heat gun.
It's been a while, but when I asked tech support in Columbus, they recommended heat.
Lew
Lew

All the Titebond glues are PVA types, and PVA softens at about boiling-water heat (or maybe less). I've used hot water with vinegar and it worked, but maybe it was mainly the heat.

I used Titebond I.

That depends upon the glue. In some/many cases you don't...you cut them apart and glue back together later. But why do you have to take it apart to refinish??
--

dadiOH

Heat sometimes works, but be careful as it's possible to damage the parts of the cabinets you want to keep nice.
You may need to put a new bottom over the old to change things.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.