How to sharpen a plane?

FYI, I'm pretty sure John G was just teasing Ron. Back when John was known as Spokeshave and taught shavemaking classes, he had Ron make up special blades for his shaves.

Chuck Vance (who uses Hock irons in his #4, #7, #60-1/2, #80, plus a couple of wooden planes and has a large and small Hock/Guntershave.

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

Ahh.....

I guess I need to get more irony in my diet.....

Reply to
bridger

No just baiting the newbies who have no clue who I am/was.

Indeed, even crashed on his couch and used one of his finest knives to shave up some smoked salmon his Bro' brought for breakfast. what a great weekend in Ft. Bragg.

I don't even want to THINK of how many Hock Iron's I own ;-( Nice to see he FINALLY came out with a cap iron though. I was only pestering him for like 3 or 4 years to do it.

-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.

JG

I hear the best is from Medicino area of CA somewhere around the other end of Rt. 20 from Willits.

-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.

JG

And nice, thick cap irons they are. I've got one on a #6 of mine, very slick. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

been planning a trip up thataways for ages. might make it later this summer....

Reply to
bridger