How to select Shaker museums

| > The main part of my woodworking club meets at this site each month. The wood | > auction was my club's annual wood auction... are you a member of NWA? | | No - just the woodturners group.

Oh... I'm involved with the NWA Showcase Committee and am treasurer for the Mid-Hudson Chapter of NWA... was treasurer for Kaatskill Woodturners Association for a couple years too but running three sets of books (the Hurley shop too) was TOO MUCH! LOL

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Many thanks to all who have answered my questions.

Cheers,

Larry Larry Spitz wrote

Reply to
Larry Spitz

Took a ride down Cybulski Road today (supposedly all the Shaker activity was along Cybulski, Taylor, and Shaker roads). Short street, ends at the gates entrance to the Lego warehouse. Right almost abutting the Lego parking lot were three buildings, one I'm pretty sure was original Shaker. On the left was what looked like a typical local house, on the right near the road was a large brick building that looked much like the drawings and photos I've seen of Shaker buildings. There were numerous electric meters suggesting that it has been subdivided into apartments. Farther from the road on the right was a wood frame building in similar style. There were signs "uninvited visitors are not welcome" and the like, so I didn't investigate further. None of them appeared to be in particularly good condition. I didn't have my camera on me. Another day I may make another trip with camera.

Reply to
J. Clarke