How to select Shaker museums

Page 2 of 2

|I inadvertently posted this to apbw, when I meant to post here. | ------------------ | I am planning a trip to the US in the northern summer and would like to | visit two or three Shaker museums. The problem is that I see listings for | 15 and I don't know how to pick the "best" ones.
In my neck of the woods...
Hancock Shaker Village and the Shaker Museum And Library are close to each other and are wonderful...
http://www.hancockshakervillage.org/accounts/28/homepage/ many buildings and exhibits. The round stone barn is probably the best known.
http://www.shakermuseumandlibrary.org/ if you like old woodworking machines this one has a wonderful collection
Mt Lebanon is right there too but is currently closed... the web site doesn't indicate when it will reopen. The Museum and Library has a lot of Mt Lebanon items.
http://mountlebanonshakervillage.org \
There are some other Shaker sites in the area too (Colonie NY) but they are smaller in size and scope.
http://www.shakerheritage.org /
All of these sites are within an hour of each other and in some cases closer...
John

Hancock Shaker Village is my favorite.
http://www.shakerworkshops.com/shaker-villages-and-museums/hancock-shaker-village.htm

Hancock has a rich array of all aspects of their crafts.

Have a good trip.
Joel
Many thanks to all who have answered my questions.
Cheers,
Larry Larry Spitz wrote