How to replace kitchen cabinet hinge?

This is a very basic beginner question. I need to replace half a dozen Blum hinges on the kitchen cabinet doors. These are recessed Blum hinges. They are held in their pockets by two small screws. I am afraid that when I replace the hinges they won't be held securely since the screws will go into the existing holes. What can be done to make sure the new screws hold the hinges securely even though they are screwed into the old holes?
Thanks!
Using yellow glue, insert the tips of either wooden matches or tooth picks in the holes. You have to play with which works the best. Trim with a utility knife to be flush.
After the glue dries(few hours), the screws will have new material to bite into.
You can do the same thing with wood putty but it gets a LOT more messy.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On 29 Aug 2006 07:43:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Assuming you really do need to fix the screw holes, one technique (after removing those hinges) would be to apply some yellow glue to wooden toothpicks and shove them into the existing screw holes. Wait for the glue to dry then trim the part of the toothpicks that's protruding flush. Then place your hinge into the pockets and replace the screws.

Just because they are old screw holes it does not mean they are "bad". If the screws for the new hinges are the same size, or slightly larger, you shouldnt have a problem.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spake thusly and wrote:

If you are careful it should not be a problem. It is important to be careful that you have the exact replacement hinge for your cabinets. If a hole in the wood is stripped there are several methods of recovery (I will leave that to the experts here).
When we replaced some broken cabinet hinges I remember that it was a bear to find the correct exact drop in replacement, so much of a bear that I bought several extra that I will probably never need. (but IF I do, I got 'em!)
Steve
--
www.sellcom.com for firewood splitters, ergonomic chairs,
office phone systems, "non-mov" surge protection, Exabyte,
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:28:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sellcom.com wrote:

Grin - been there, done that, can't find the darn extras when I need them. Oh well...... grin :)

Actually, I found via Blum website that their hinges have lifetime warranty and they will replace them free of charge if they malfunction. All you need to do is go to their website, print out the form, remove the broken hinges and mail them along with the form to the Blum. They will send you back the replacement in 2 business days. Now, that's what I call a warranty! We'll see if that will work smoothly.

You had half of a dozen hinges fail? I don't believe I have ever seen a cabinet hinge fail...
They get old and ugly, but I don't think Blum would replace them in that case. :)
Locutus wrote:

Believe it or not but they did fail. The hinges that I have are designed to close the kitchen cabinet doors and keep them closed. That mechanism failed in some of them and the doors do not stay closed but rather a little ajar. They would also not get closed if you release them. Otherwise they hold the doors pretty strong.
The reason they failed is because some little plastic part cracked and fell out. I think that part is located on the pin and forces the door closed via some spring action.