How to repair a mistake in a cabinet door panel

I'm a novice at building raised panel doors and just when I thought everything was going well when I was cutting the cove in panel, I managed to take about a one inch chunk out of it. Right where the inner part of the cove meets. Is there anyway to fix this without starting over. Anyway to drill out the problem area and put a plug in it? Since this is my first cabinet project, it has a few other minor errors so I don't expect a perfect repair for my mistake. The wood is Cherry.
On 2/25/10 3:40 PM, Neal wrote:

;-)
--
Froz...

EVIL!
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:43:58 -0500, the infamous FrozenNorth

No, no no! Putty and sand, stain and poly. THAT's evil.
-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn
On 02/25/2010 02:40 PM, Neal wrote:

If it's to be painted, then use putty. If stain grade, you'll have to cut out a section and find another piece with as close to matching grain as possible, or else rip the edge off, glue another edge on, and re-cut the cove.
Chris

I ended up cutting out that section and I fortunately found I had a piece of wood that was close to the grain of the panel and glued it. I sure have lots to learn about this stuff. It's fun and that's all that really matters.
On 2/25/2010 5:01 PM, Neal wrote:

Congratulations ... creative repair of, or camouflaging your big mistakes (and every project has at least one) is a sign that you're well on your way to the status of craftsman.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
On 2/25/2010 6:31 PM, Swingman wrote:

how well you can make those mistakes appear as something you planned to do

Carpentry by Microsoft. "Its not a bug, it's a feature."

Its so you can see what's in the cabinet without having to reach alllllll the way over there to open the door.
"Swingman" wrote

It is a design feature!! ;)

I was taught there were no mistakes, only design alterations.
Mike M

See ABPW.

You have learned the art of the delferate mistale. Congratulations!
Neal wrote:

Some days more fun than others. :-)

Rob Leatham
"Neal" wrote:

Consider it a learning experience and convert the door into cherry chips for your smoker.
Don't have a smoker?
Well now that you will have chips, you can justify the smoker.
Lew