How to remove #&!@#$! veneer tape

My first veneer project.
I veneered a panel with bookmatched veneer. I joined the seam between the two bookmatched "leaves" together with gummed veneer tape. Put it in a press for a few hours. unitl the glue cured.
Once out of the press, how do I get the veneer tape off?
I've tried a scraper, but it still took a lot of pressure and repeated scrapings. And its still not all off. I have a lot of doors to do this way, so I'm looking for some labor saving secret.
I tried moistening the tape. This helped but the glue seemed to be left on the surface.
If there's no easy way to get it off, could I avoid this problem and use masking tape?
Mitch.
You were on the right track. Read this: http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/veneertaping.htm
Dave
Mitch wrote:

On 3 Apr 2005 19:49:37 -0700, the inscrutable "Mitch"

The veneer god I saw in Sandy Eggo used the moisture-set veneer tape. His stuff went for $15k+. He had just ordered a $150k machine to use it, too.
The blue painter's masking tape is successfully used by David Marks.
--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:
Hi,