How to remove Stair Tread Nosing?

Hi,
I am laying a laminate floor for a friend. I need to do about 6 steps too. In order to install the material on the steps, I need to remove the tread nosing flush with the riser.
The nosing is about 1.5"thick by 1.5" deep. Any ideas?
The treads extent into the walls therefore I cannot just remove the tread to do the job.
Thanks, JG

Are you sure you want to take 1.5" off the stair tread? How wide will they be after you do this? Just curious.
Hopefully flush. The riser and the tread above it need to form a 90' angle. JG

JGS wrote:

I'd rough cut it with a jigsaw, finishing with a bearing guided router bit.
how bout a nose trimmer?
good one! 8 ) JG

How about a router and a trim bit with a bearing on the bottom riding against the riser. You can finish off where they extend into the wall with a saw of SHARP chisel.
Ted