how to remove a white moisture spot from dining room table ?

Hi I have a nice bloomingdales dark wood dining room table that is 20 yrs old and was given a lacquer coat a few yrs ago...since then, the table has been very sensitive and recently a hot cardboard pizza box placed on it left a large WHITE SPOT on the table that has not gone away...I am curious what I can do specifically to resolve this issue....any tips would be appreciated !
Thanks,
Jasper
I'd try somewhere inconspicuous first, but I have heard that tootpaste will work. Never tried it myself so as I said..... caution...
Good luck,
Paul

toothpaste is an abrasive....just know that much.
Have heard mayonnaise and peanut butter (maybe that was for bum in the hair--I'm bald).

My SWMBO uses Mayonaise and rubs stains out. Works pretty good. Al in WA

Mayonaise mixed with cigarette ashes it what I've always used. It seems to work a bit quiker than just mayonaise.
: Hi I have a nice bloomingdales dark wood dining room table that is 20 : yrs old and was given a lacquer coat a few yrs ago...since then, the : table has been very sensitive and recently a hot cardboard pizza box : placed on it left a large WHITE SPOT on the table that has not gone : away...I am curious what I can do specifically to resolve this : issue....any tips would be appreciated !
Try my web site - Hints & Tips - Removing White Rings From Polished Furniture.
Jeff G
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
Email: username is amgron
On 21 Sep 2004 18:51:03 -0700, jasper snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jasper) wrote:

If have a Behlens' or Mohawk finishing products dealer nearby, they sell "ring removal kits". These are designed for furniture repair folks and include products to draw out the white (moisture) and correct any damage to the surface lacquer. These kits aren't exactly plug and play, buy they do take most of the experimentation out of the equation.
If the damage is very deep, the entire table top may need to be refinished.
Barry
Hey thanks guys!
I have been trying to remember to give the mayonaisse a try on similar white stain on my dark oak desk top. I just ran upstairs, grabbed the bottle of Miracle Whip dressing and rubbed the stain away in about 10 seconds, with bare fingertips (wiped residue away before the dog did - he is watching). It is gone. The true test will be in seeing if it stays gone.
RonB
My dad recently called me to inquire about the best way to remove a water ring from a piece of fine furniture. I suggested dampening (NOT soaking) a rag with denatured alcohol and wiping the ring lightly (circular motion) a number of times. The correct amount of alcohol is that which leaves a slight trail as you move the cloth over the marred area. He reported back that the ring disappeared...
David
Jasper wrote:

Have used slightly moist rag with lacquer thinner for this also.