how to remove a burn mark

There is a scorch type stain on the top of an EC that I made some years ago. It's not really deep, but the top is made of birch ply, so I don't have much wood to work with or I would just scrape it out.
Is there a way to bleach out this bugger? The finish is a witch's brew of spirit varnish, tung and turp. Sorry, PO, no shellac on this one.
TIA
Bruce
haugen wrote:

You might try buffing it out with a mild abrasive like Orange Tripoli. I occasionally rehab smoking pipes and the rims are often charred. An appropriate amount of Tripoli buff lifts a lot of that out...

So way to bleach out a burn. I recall making cherry sawtooth supports for a bookshelf. The bandsaw burned the cherry really bad and I recall hours of tedious hand-sanding to get most of it out. Another idea it to use a finish to cover up the burn or install a decorative inlay.