How to properly reply to this newsgroup?

I notice that some replies appear underneath the questions. Others appear as a separate "RE:" listing.
How are each of this type of replies accomplished and which is the preferred method?

What program do you use?
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
Tom wrote:

The separate "RE:" ones show up individually because the post to which they were "replied" is old/not on your machine.
-- dadiOH ____________________________

Or else the References: field is munged.

Or because it was originally posted with an "OT:" at the start of the subject and someone followed-up using Outlook Express, which eats the OT and replaces it with RE.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

Click the button at the top left that's labeled "Reply Group". Or, press CTRL-G.
"Tom" wrote in message

"Message Threads", and your newsreader supporting same.
http://www.livinginternet.com/u/uu_thread.htm
Note: you do NOT have to add "Re" to the subject line if you reply using the newsreader you are posting with (Outlook Express).
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/23/05

You've already seen the answer to that, but also check the settings on Outlook and set it to quote text with something like a ">" as seen above. That makes it easy to see which text is quoted and which is yours.
Mike
From other groups I have learned/ been told that you should properly reply *at the bottom* of the original message. I personally find this to be annoying, having to page past what I already know to get to the answer. As far as when you post back, "Reply Group" sends the post back to the group server and "Reply" will send your reply back to the person's personal e-mail, if available. There is an option within 'Tools' -> 'Options' drop downs (I think) which will place your cursor at the top or at the bottom of the original post. Good luck.

So then encourage people to snip - as you have failed to do here.
C & M wrote:

It may be annoying for you to do it, but it makes it much easier for the readers, especially those who did not see the article to which you are replying, to establish the context of your remarks.
This especially helpful when a longish chain of refernced material is helpful.
--

FF