How to "Preen" a Wing-Nut to Make a Hold-Down Clamp?

Page 2 of 2

and solder them together. Warren

Do you mean you use regular pumping soldering method to solder the wing and bolt together? This sounds easy enough, especially I have pumping soldering equipments and materials available -- Doesn't every household have a pumping torch ;)
What kind of prep work that you need to do to prepare the surface for soldering?
This probably will work well for bolt that is long. However, I am afraid that this may not work for short bolt because the heat may melt the rubber door stop at the other end of the bolt; in that case, I will still need to use the "Big Hammer" approach.
Thanks for the tip.
Jay Chan