How to mount side sander on Dremel scroll station?

I just bought a Dremel 1800 18" scroll station from Home Depot. The problem is that the manual is the worst piece of help I have ever seen (ever).

The unit came with parts that are not explained. But worse, it is IMPOSSIBLE to mount the side sander. It uses an Allen screw to tighten on the shaft. But the guard prevents you from getting to the screw with the tiny allen wrench they supply. The guard can be removed to get a tiny bit more space but it is not adequate to use the allen wrench And the side table (very Mickey Mouse) attaches to the guard so it MUST be left on.

It's Sat. and Dremel is closed so I can't call and rant at them. I am close to returning it since anything with this poor of a design to mount the side sander cannot be well designed.

After much study, I have no idea where the extra screws and pieces go. I do have a bit of experience using tools. I own many. This is crap!!! Arggggggggggggggggg!!!

Reply to
dancer

I bought a Dremel Scroll saw a couple of years ago that had been the display model at Lowe's. It had no documents and the air tube was missing. I did a google search to find their home page, dug out the contact info and sent them an email. I got a response the next day, and the manual and parts list with prices were in my mailbox three days later. You might try that route. Surprisingly, I have not received much additional material from them. Just a couple of catalogs in the first year.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell