How To Make Your Very Own Hot Tub

http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com/The_Big_Bowl.html
Well, sure seems simple enough anyway.

I got dizzy looking at that thing. They said that when it was being turned, everything but the toolrest was moving. It would be like working in a whirlpool. Incredible scale. Those aussies are nuts. But it looks like a lot of fun.
I think it was snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) who stated:

YIKES!
Interesting you should mention that. I just got this from Logosol:
http://www.logosol.com/webb/customerservice/1002a-news_hot_tub.php
(No, not the moulding cutters, just the URL . . . ;^)
-Don -- Pooder approved this post . . . .
Mon, Oct 9, 2006, 6:56pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (DonFearn) doth posteth: YIKES! Interesting you should mention that. I just got this from Logosol: <snip>
Cool. And, if you want to buy a wood stove for it, here's the place. Personally, I think there's enough info from just looking at the stove to make your own - if you've got a welder - and I do. http://snorkel.com/hot-tub-info/hot-tub-options.php
They used to have a very cool picture, of a someone in one of their wood-fired hot tubs, which was floating in a lake.
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:10:04 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I've seen this before. Impressive.
In a slightly different but related matter http://www.driftwood.ie/ is one way to spend a lot of money on wood!
George Max wrote:

Not anymore apparently. Looks like they couldn't make it as boatbuilders so they decided to become bathtub builders and didn't do any better there--one used to be able to buy a very nice 30 footer for what they want for a bloody bathtub, which might have something to do with it. Now they're looking to sell "plans and licenses", probably for more than the plans and licenses for an airplane or a Herreshoff yacht.
Sat, Oct 14, 2006, 7:51am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.Clarke) doth posteth: <snip> Now they're looking to sell "plans and licenses", probably for more than the plans and licenses for an airplane or a Herreshoff yacht.
Plans, OK, I can understand that; but "licenses"? That just sounds stupid.
Awhile back saw a picture of a very nice wooden tub, cedar I believe, custom made to fit in a boat. No plans, just made to fit in the space available. Fibreglass and epoxy to waterproof it. Very nice job. Custom top to cover it when not in use too. None of it's rocket science.