How to make Walnut look really good?

I'm going to get some Walnut for some small projects, just wondering what would "pop" the grain and make it look deep. Thought about natural Danish oil, mixed 50-50 with polyurathane, with a couple of coats of poly on top. Would use satin poly with the oil and high gloss on top. Any advice or expierence would be very helpful.
Thanks
Jimmy

Minwax "Tung Oil Fininish" 3-4 coats. See below.
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Dresser_Project.htm
AND
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Ellis_Mission_Bed.htm
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 19:01:59 -0400, "Jimmy"

My favorite for walnut is (boiled) linseed oil followed by orange shellac. My second favorite, and arguably better for some uses, is Waterlox Original.
Someone can correct me, but I think David Marks' usual finish is a 1:1:1 combination of poly, oil, and turpentine.
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /

Deft spray can lacquer works really nice and it dries fast, I have also used BLO (boiled linseed oil) and paste wax over that.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:24:59 -0500, Markem

Don't know how much lacquer alone would pop the grain.
I've been using BLO, followed by lacquer. The BLO has a miraculous effect - goes from a dullish wood to WOW.
Renata