How to make a standard thread hole in wood

Hello all,
I'm trying to find a way to make a standard thread mount hole in a wood block so that it could be mounted to the standard thread on a painters pole. Is there a tool that I could use to make this type of threaded hole? I have been buying standard threaded scrub brushes and tearing out the bristles to get a flat piece of wood with the threaded hole on the other side. There has to be a better way, but I can't find it online. Being able to make anything mountable to a painters pole threading would be a wonderful time saver for me. Please let me know if such a tool exists, or if there is a part that I could attach to a block of wood that has the female standard threading.
Thanks much, J
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:24:51 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

into a standard 1/2" PVC threaded pipe.
see http://www.snakegetters.com/equip/pinners-howto.html
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:24:51 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The standard for wood threading is the Beall Wood Treader. It works best with harder woods.
http://www.bealltool.com/products/threading/threader.php
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 24, 12:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

As mentioned by the other post a 1/2" pipe thread might work but..............
broom handle threads are ACME style threads, the most common being 3/4"
of course being broom handles & not going on the space shuttle the care & tolerances in mfg are pretty sloppy so fit up between devices is pretty "hit or miss"
here's a link to a handle company
http://www.whitleyhandle.com/whitley_handle_products.html
and a discussion on an engineering forum http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=153052
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Assuming you can't find a proper thread tap...
1. Drill an oversized hole in your block of wood
2. Fill hole with Bondo (auto body filler)
3. Rub vaseline on the threads of a pole
4. Stick threaded pole in center of hole
5. Let Bondo harden
6. Unscrew pole
7. Enjoy your new threaded hols
--

dadiOH
____________________________

That's a very slick method - I've never heard of it, but will definitely try it.
My thought was that if he can just cut off an inch or so of pole and rethread it to match whatever tap he goes with.
JP
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:24:51 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not much help, but many years ago, a friend bought a machine at an estate sale for under $100 that was able to make a standard threaded hole as well as thread the end of a pole to match. He bought it just because he thought it was a clever little machine.
The machine was slightly larger than a sawhorse.
I wish he still had it, as I could find uses for it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 24, 3:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Make a "helicoil" insert from wire.