How to make a cutting board

Page 4 of 4

You can still buy it just about anywhere. Just DAGS "raw linseed oil" and you will get plenty of sources.

Flaxseed oil is the same thing, just refined differently. Like you, I love the way it smells, and I remember going into old cabinets maker's (not necessarily pros) shops that had that smell in the air.
That smell just seems to take you back a few years....
Robert

Flaxseed oil makes you poop.

Flaxseed oil makes you poop.
So does my morning cup of coffee! ;~)
Leon wrote:

Nothing makes a better push-rod than that first cup of java.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

Uh, I think you're doing it wrong.

LOL

Flaxseeds are really high in fibre. Of course it make you poop.

How much fiber is there in the oil? :-)

One question not asked, why do your boards fail? SWMBO boards are 30 yo or better.
"Rick Samuel" wrote:

What do you want to bet there is a dishwasher involved?
Lew

And even then it is the heat of the diswasher, not the water that degrades the glue.

You have to admit though, it would make a good Youtube video....
;^)
Just make sure to wash the cup before re-using.
Robert

Are these cutting boards washed by hand, soaked or put into the dishwasher? I suspect it is the care of the board that is making it split. My cutting boards have been used over 25 years and have not split yet. I wash them by hand, rinse and try to keep them dry. I use one for meat, another for vegetables.