How to make a cut?

I'm making a set of blocks for my son. I have the rectangular solid pieces made and want to make some of the ramp pieces. Basically take a block, 4"x2"x1" and cut on a diagonal. What's the safest way to make this cut? I've toyed with a few different ideas but haven't come up with one that says yeah that'll work.
Thomas

Bandsaw, then clean up the edge with sandpaper or a file.
Thomas Mitchell wrote:

What you're looking for is called a 'taper' sled (or jig).
Here's a picture of one being used to taper a mallet handle: http://christophermerrill.net/ww/shop/taperSled.html
It's also useful when cutting any small part.
--
Chris Merrill
Chris Merrill wrote:

yep as I was writing the msg the bandsaw idea popped into my head as well. No sure how uniform the blocks would turn out to be but it might be the best way to go.
I haven't measured, but I think the angle for the cut would be 22.5 degrees. Means I'd have to cut the piece lengthwise with a cms afaik.