How to install drawer fronts to drawers?

Page 2 of 2

I normally use a block on the back of the drawer to set the drawer about 1/16th proud of the face, shim the drawer front to correct position, use double-sided tape to hold in position, then screw from the back. The over-sized hole is probably a good idea. You can also get drawer-adjust buttons - little round adjusters with concentric cams that let you make small adjustments.

Thanks for all the good tips! I'd planned using double sided tape for method 2, but forgot to mention it.
--
mare

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:11:23 -0500, mare*Remove*All*0f*This*I*Hate*Spammers*@mac.invalid.com (mare) wrote:

depends on the drawer pulls, if any..
I like to cut the fronts a little over, maybe a couple of plane shavings over, than drill the holes for the pulls and use the pulls/knobs to hold the faces on while I'm adjusting the alignment, etc.. The "overhang" is enough to scribe a line for when they're glued on, and a little "fudge factor" in case one has to slide a little sideways... not that any of mine ever needed that, of course.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing