How to install drawer fronts to drawers?

PoziDriv, I've never used. They're the ones like Philips but with an extra four wings aren't they?

I haven't come across them too often, but I've seen poorly made Robertson screws before. They're either slightly too big, slightly too small or they're just not square to the bit. A complete pain in the ass. The two times I came across them I knew by the third screw they were garbage. It was cheaper just to throw the box out than waste the time taking them back.

Reply to
Upscale

No, they resemble Philips, but the wings are more square. They are mainly used in Europe, although you can buy them in North America as well. Much better than Philips but IMHO not as good as Robertsons.

These where the self tapping screws I used:

They have a sort of saw on the spirals and go in like butter, without pilot holes. If you need to do a lot of screwing (think decks), you might investigate these screws.

That's possible. You always have bad apples.

Reply to
mare

depends on the drawer pulls, if any..

I like to cut the fronts a little over, maybe a couple of plane shavings over, than drill the holes for the pulls and use the pulls/knobs to hold the faces on while I'm adjusting the alignment, etc.. The "overhang" is enough to scribe a line for when they're glued on, and a little "fudge factor" in case one has to slide a little sideways... not that any of mine ever needed that, of course.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis