How to identify old pressure treated lumber?

I am in the process of demolishing an old chicken coop. All of the wood has by now fully greyed, and none of it appears to have greenish tinge to it. Some of it was clearly hardwood (judging by the smell when cut, and by a red color inside, probably red oak) but some was pine. There were no apparent green colors inside the wood, but I still would like to be sure. BTW I am aware of the "send a swab to the lab for Arsenic testing" option. I am hoping there are easier ways of telling.

Reply to
Andrew Williams

Burn a small peice of it, if there are any chemicals left in it you should see some odd color flames.

Reply to
Locutus

You can also buy simple DIY test kits. Much cheaper.

Reply to
dingbat

If you clean or sand the surface to remove all of the dirt and stains it should be much easier to identify. Don't inhale the sanding dust. Wear a mask while cleaning it. A pressure washer is an easy way to do this.

Reply to
Charley