How to hook up a dust collector in this circumstance.

Hi,
I need a bit of help with hooking up a dust collector. As it stands right now my ducts will run in an 'L' pattern, 10' on each length. The DC will be where the 10' lengths meet.
I'm using spiral ducts hanging from the ceiling. Do I use a 'T' connector where the 2 10' lengths meet and drop down another spiral down to the DC. I'm wondering how to handle the 90 degree transition.
Thanks
Alex
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

That is what I would do.
One question, why are you running spiral ducts? Why not just use schedule 40 pvc and save the spiral ducts/hose for hooking up the individual blast gates to your machinery.
Deb
Hi,
I'm using the sprial becasue I don't want to deal with the the whole static issue and, I have a cheap source of sprial ducts.
So what would you do?

Take one leg and adda 90 degree to go straight down, then add a wye (tee with entry on side at 45 deg). on the other leg add a 45 deg ell and pipe to the wye. Then pipe exit of wye to the collector
On Jan 24, 11:38 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What static issue?

message
Remember, the static charge fire issue has been pretty much debunked. However, I still keep my system grounded because it can offer a pretty uncomfortable shock every once in a while. I may be repeating something that was already said, but I would avoid a 90 deg. T if I could. Couldn't you join the two trunks with a 45 deg wye?
On 24 Jan 2007 08:11:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Use a "Y" connector for better flow. Spiral pipe has more turbulence than PVC, so use it sparingly.