How to hook up a dust collector in this circumstance.

Hi,

I need a bit of help with hooking up a dust collector. As it stands right now my ducts will run in an 'L' pattern, 10' on each length. The DC will be where the 10' lengths meet.

I'm using spiral ducts hanging from the ceiling. Do I use a 'T' connector where the 2 10' lengths meet and drop down another spiral down to the DC. I'm wondering how to handle the 90 degree transition.

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
acolic

Hi,

I'm using the sprial becasue I don't want to deal with the the whole static issue and, I have a cheap source of sprial ducts.

So what would you do?

Reply to
acolic

That is what I would do.

One question, why are you running spiral ducts? Why not just use schedule

40 pvc and save the spiral ducts/hose for hooking up the individual blast gates to your machinery.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

Reply to
Howard

What static issue?

Reply to
CW

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com...

Remember, the static charge fire issue has been pretty much debunked. However, I still keep my system grounded because it can offer a pretty uncomfortable shock every once in a while. I may be repeating something that was already said, but I would avoid a

90 deg. T if I could. Couldn't you join the two trunks with a 45 deg wye?
Reply to
Doug

Use a "Y" connector for better flow. Spiral pipe has more turbulence than PVC, so use it sparingly.

Reply to
Phisherman