how to glue a vinyl lamination to particle board

I have a particle board shelf where the vinyl lamination has partially come off on the front of it (1/2" height strip that runs for the 24" length of the shelf) I'm trying to fix it, but I am unsure of what type of glue was originally used.
The existing glue dried white, if that is any help :(
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to spot repair the vinyl lamination that is lifting? The lamination came off the glue because we were pulling a cardboard box from the shelf and it was catching the edge of the vinyl and eventually peeled part off about a 12" section of it. There is no glue on the vinyl, it is all still on the particle board.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

A bit of a silicone caulk adhesive would work just fine.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

3MT Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive
http://www.ellsworth.com/display/productdetail.html?productid 03&Tab=Products
CC

IIUC you have vinyl edge-banding coming off a melamine board. It is normally glued on with hot melt glue so sticking it back is as easy as pie. A clothes iron, set not too hot will warm the glue enough to press it back on. a piece of paper will keep the glue off the iron. Trim the edge with a sharp knife or very fine abrasive paper if you need to.
Tim w