How to get off paint overspray on metal and wood and rubber

I have a nice tool that has a lot of paint overspray, how can I soften that paint and then of course I like to clean it up. It is partially on wood, metal and rubber.....many thanks in advance......Peter

Depends on the paint. Many won't soften and have to be mechanically removed or with a strong paint remover that may cause other problems.
On Fri, 2 May 2008 19:26:55 -0700, "pmaston"

Hi Peter,
Is the paint on bare wood, metal, and rubber?
If so, I would try a gel type stripper (such as "3M Safest Stripper.")
I have had good luck with it in similar situations (on wood and metal that is). The rubber could be a concern, but the label might help you to determine the safety on that sort of material.
All the best,
--
Kenneth

Try Goof Off sold in many paint departments.

I have used Goof Off 2 successfully to remove latex paint overspray.
Bought it at Lowes.

Lacquer thinner does a good job removing most latex paint. Or you can use Goof-Off as others have recommended.
Goof-Off is mostly xylene. Xylene is cheaper.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
Kate wrote:

Dont use thinners on anything plastic like body trims headlamp units door handles etc

If it were me, I'd use lacquer thinner.
You didn't say exactly what the tool IS... it might help. Or post a photo of it in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kate